Faculty Director Simulation Training
Essential to this role is the desire to train a new generation of medical specialist, as well as contribute to world‐class research that improves practice while delivering a service to the university, the community and the United Arab Emirates.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Degree in medicine (PhD, MD or MBBS)
- Experience supervising employees.
- Certified as an Instructor in Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
- Demonstrable experience in teaching and mentorship in the discipline at the undergraduate
and/or postgraduate level.
- Demonstrable abilities to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary and collegial
team, well developed interpersonal skis and the ability to provide leadership and take the
- Minim two (2) years of experience AND experience in teaching at a level that is relevant to the position and would have made contributions to research and/or scholarship and/or teaching
and administrative services of an organizational unit (e.g. a center, department).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The position calls for a leading authority in “clinical simulation training” with evidence of exceptional academic standing.
Expected to have a made a substantive contribution to their discipline, and can show evidence of innovative curriculum development, a distinguished record of teaching, and proven academic leadership.
- Manages and directs the implementation of simulation training exercises across the CMHS
- Assists faculty in developing and executing activities that meet the educational and clinical simulation needs of the CMHS
- Assists in identifying learning needs addressed through simulation; designing collaborative
action plans and outcome evaluations for simulation programs
- Advises faculty in the design, training, development, and implementation of simulation center activities
- Assesses the performance and educational content of simulation based programs
- Facilitates integration of simulation into the medical curriculum
- Maintains proficiency in existing and emerging quality, safety and simulation technologies,
including basic theory, design and implementation
- Develops schedules for utilization of simulation center resources
- Participates in task forces and groups charged with improving patient care or safety issues through the use of Simulation
- Identifies and assists in the procurement of equipment, supplies and potential space to meet the needs of the simulation program
- Monitors the consistency and quality of assessment and examination based simulation.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the fields of Simulation
- Promotes an appropriate climate for creativity, collaboration, inquiry, and diversity
- Maintains good working relationships; approaches conflict resolution in a constructive manner; helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their resolution
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians and employees. Discuss patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places
- Collaborates with institutional and external groups to identify resources and other sources of support the center
- Other duties as assigned
Research, Scholarly and Creative Activities
- Engage in scholarly or creative activities in their area of expertise and makes results available for critical peer review.
- Deliver papers or make presentations at professional association meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Participate in panels at regional and international meetings of professional organizations.
- Contribute to departmental, or University‐wide working groups or committees as requested.
- Serve on the CMHS Curriculum Committee
- Contribute to student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
- Foster service by contributing to the community at large in participatory, developmental or advisory capacity.
- Support and participate in student organization activities.
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Appropriately supervise direct reports, including course coordinators and simulation specialists