Family Medicine Specialist 2
Responds to acute/emergency presentations and acts as a lead clinician (where appropriate) exploring simultaneously multiple complaints and often in a context of uncertainty.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Basic medical degree from recognized institution
- Post-qualification certification
- Qualification Source from: Middle East Countries, Eastern Europe and Africa.
- Minimum One (1) year of experience after specialization in Government Healthcare facility or Teaching hospital
Current and in a Good Standing Medical License to practice in country of residence.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to acute/emergency presentations and act as a lead clinician (where appropriate) exploring simultaneously multiple complaints and pathologies often in a context of uncertainty
- Carry out comprehensive history including family history, examination and investigation of individual.
- Explore the disease (physical and mental), patient’s personal experience of illness and impact on his/her family.
- Interpret results of complex diagnostic tests and investigations and act as a point of contact for providing expert views on investigations and interpretation to colleagues.
- Establish accurate diagnosis and act as a reference point for health center doctors regarding diagnosis and clinical decision making.
- Communicate competently and sensitively and establish a patient centered relationship.
- Maintain an accurate patient’s health record documenting both patient and family history.
- Carry out screening for long term conditions risk factors and early signs of disease particularly for patients with a family history of disease.
- Manage patient conditions through a multidisciplinary approach that is according to patient’s need and ability and lead the MDT when required.
- Refer patients when needed, to suitable medical specialist or for specialist diagnostic tests that are beyond the scope of primary care.
- Prescribe medication and/or administer treatment/therapy or other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease or injury.
- Lead the management of ‘emergencies’ presenting at the health center as per hospital policies and protocols.