Head - Medical/Critical Care Pharmacy
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
The King Faisal Hospital and Research Center in Riyadh is JCIA accredited hospital and operates 894 bed (170 of which are daily stay beds) with approximately 8,700 employees. In all there are 63 different nationalities making up the staff. KFSH&RC is a state of the art tertiary medical and research facility serving the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the surrounding region and occupies a unique status locally, regionally and internationally. Located in the capital city of Riyadh, the hospital is the national referral center for Oncology, Organ Transplantations, Cardiac Surgery, Genetic Diseases, and more. The Hospital has gained a worldwide reputation for it's dedication to advancing medical science and research and has established collaborative relationships with internationally recognized institutions. Since its inception in 1975, KFSH&RC has maintained the highest standards in specialized medical care in an integrated educational and research environment, in accordance with a systematic development strategy that adopts the best medical technologies and contributes towards improving diagnosis and treatment techniques.
Vision: To be a world-leading institution of excellence and innovation in healthcare.
Mission: King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center provides the highest level of specialized healthcare in an integrated educational and research setting.
We are seeking a talented, dedicated and enthusiastic candidate whom will be responsible for performing administrative, managerial and professional work, providing leadership, directing, planning, and organizing activities for assigned Pharmaceutical Care sections.
Educational Qualifications and Licensure
Pharm.D. Degree from a North American accredited program (ACPE)
Master's Degree in Pharmacy or related discipline such as quality, informatics, etc.
Pharmacy Residency program is required.
Ten (10) years of related hospital pharmacy experience in a tertiary care setting, including four (4) years of experience in Senior, Supervisor or Managerial capacity in a large, complex Hospital, health care institution or related health care organization.
A strong background in clinical pharmacy practice coupled with pharmacy operations responsibilities is required.
A general or specialized pharmacy residency or equivalent experience in an integrated health system is required.
· Assists the Director of Pharmaceutical Care in organizing and administering the Hospital Pharmacy programs. Ensures the Director of Pharmaceutical Care is informed of all matters relating to Pharmaceutical Care and its activities.
· Directs administers and coordinates the Pharmaceutical Care functions in designated areas; supervises key personnel to assure completion of work assignments, personnel management and adherence to policies and procedures.
· Provides guidance and direction for area managers and staff in carrying out their responsibilities.
· Assures the effective and efficient provision of pharmaceutical care for the patients of assigned specialty area.
· Responsible for dissemination, interpretation and practice of departmental and hospital policies, procedures, regulations and information.
· Reviews departmental operations for effectiveness with the use of computer print-outs for labour distribution and productivity analysis.
· Directs, assists and resolves problems encountered by area managers, in assigned Pharmaceutical Care sections, in the development of objectives, physical facility, equipment and supply needs, personnel, organizational structure, work distribution and operational processes.
· Reviews for the annual budget preparation after consulting with area managers as to needs; monitors budget of assigned Pharmaceutical Care sections during fiscal year.
· Assures compliance with quality assurance standards, licensing requirements, pharmacy and MOH laws and regulations; takes remedial action to resolve or improve deficient operational conditions or problems.
· Serves on and participates in activities of the Formulary Management Committee, Medication Use Subcommittee, Formulary Management Subcommittees, and/or other Hospital/medical staff committees as assigned.
· Interviews, selects, hires, trains, senior pharmacy staff, and evaluates pharmacists, technicians and other support personnel in the performance of duties.
· Develops and updates departmental policies and procedures. Assures appropriate drug use and distribution throughout King Faisal Specialist Hospital.
· Works with the medical staff, nursing and other health care professionals to resolve drug-related problems.
· Participates in hospital and departmental quality improvement activities through the development of goals and action plans to further the corporate mission of quality health care. Participates in activities of quality improvement teams when requested. Monitors assigned quality improvement indicators of individual or departmental performance.