Head - Oncology Pharmacy, KACO&LD
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh
Riyadh , Saudi Arabia
The King Faisal Hospital and Research Center in Riyadh is JCIA accredited hospital and operates about 1,100 bed with approximately 8,700 employees. In all there are 63 different nationalities making up the staff. KFSH&RC is a state of the art tertiary medical and research facility serving the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the surrounding region and occupies a unique status locally, regionally and internationally. Located in the capital city of Riyadh, the hospital is the national referral center for Oncology, Organ Transplantations, Cardiac Surgery, Genetic Diseases, and more. The Hospital has gained a worldwide reputation for it's dedication to advancing medical science and research and has established collaborative relationships with internationally recognized institutions. Since its inception in 1975, KFSH&RC has maintained the highest standards in specialized medical care in an integrated educational and research environment, in accordance with a systematic development strategy that adopts the best medical technologies and contributes towards improving diagnosis and treatment techniques.
We are seeking a talented, dedicated and enthusiastic pharmacist whom will be responsible for leading, managing, planning and organizing all activities related to Oncology Pharmacy – KACO&LD.
Educational Qualifications and Licensure
Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
or Master of Pharmacy
or Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm)
Board Certification as Oncology Pharmacotherapy Specialist or Master’s in Business Administration is preferred
Ten (10) years with a PharmaD
Eleven (11) years with a Master of Pharmacy
Twelve (12) years with a BPharm
Out of which, three (3) years of successful experience in a managerial position in a Hospital pharmacy of comparable size
Strong background in clinical pharmacy practice coupled with pharmacy operations responsibilities is mandatory
A general or specialized pharmacy residency or equivalent experience in an integrated health system is mandatory
· Assists the Directors of Pharmaceutical Care in organizing and administering the Hospital Pharmacy programs. Ensures that the Director of Pharmaceutical Care is informed of all matters relating to Oncology Pharmacy – KACO&LD and its activities
· Directs, administers and coordinates the pharmacy functions in Oncology Pharmacy – KACO&LD, supervises key personnel to assure completion of work assignments, personnel management and adherence to policies and procedures
· Assures the effective and efficient provision and of pharmaceutical care for the patients of Oncology Pharmacy – KACO&LD
· Responsible for dissemination, interpretation and practice of Departmental and Hospital policies, procedures regulations and information
· Reviews Departmental operations effectiveness with the use of computer print-outs for labour distribution and productivity analysis
· Directs, assists and resolves problems encountered by area managers in assigned Oncology Pharmacy – KACO&LD, in the development of objectives, physician facility, equipment and supply needs, personnel, work distribution and operations processes.
· Prepares and participates in the Oncology-Pharmacy –KACO&LD annual budget, in coordination with area managers and associated staff
· Assures compliance with quality assurance standards, licensing requirements, Ministry of Health (MOH) laws and regulations; takes Departmental remedial action to resolve or improve deficient operational conditions or problems.
· Serves on an participates in activities of the Formulary and Therapeutics Committee (FTC), Medication Use Subcommittee, FTC Subcommittees, and/or other Hospital/medical staff committees as assigned
· Interviews, selects hires, trains senior pharmacy staff and evaluates pharmacists, technicians and other support personnel in the performance of duties
· Develops quality improvement and competency assessment indicators and updates Departmental policies and/or procedures
· Works with the medical staff, nursing and other health care professionals to resolve drug-related problems
· Participates in Hospital and Departmental quality improvement activities through the development of goals and action plans
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.