Head Clinical Laboratory
Responsible for the administration and coordination of all activities within the Department of Pathology and laboratory Medicine.
Education / Qualification Required:
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology from an accredited Institution from North America, Western Europe, Australia or New Zealand.
- Ten (10) years of experience in Laboratory Medicine if holding Master’s Degree.
- Twelve (12) years of experience in Laboratory Medicine if holding Bachelor’s Degree.
- Out of which three (3) years in management capacity.
- Current and clean license to practice in country/state of origin.
- Certificate as an MT (ASCP) through the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or equivalent.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and resolves technical and administrative issues associated with the professional technical staff and ancillary personnel of the Department.
- Oversees all sections of the Laboratory. Coordinates with Section Pathologist and scientist In achieving laboratory goals and mission of the Hospital.
- Directs laboratory operations In accordance with the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals. College of American Pathologist and American Association of Blood Banks standards.
- Assists the Chairman In preparation of annual and supplemental budget for the Department and with annual equipment planning, budgeting and procurement.
- Oversees laboratory capital equipment budget, reviews and recommends equipment purchases for Laboratory.
- Directs supply activities relative to receiving, rejecting, verifying, updating items used by all sections; checks the adequacy of laboratory supplies and purchasing.
- Liaises with all recruiting agencies for staffing needs of the Department Ensures that there is trained backup for all positions, particularly supervisory positions.
- Prepares performance evaluations on all technical support staff in the Department.
- Receives new employees and arranges Departmental orientation and Introduction to laboratory staff, and completes Departmental paperwork.
- Maintains liaison with other departments.
- Ensures laboratory safety and high quality of training of lab technologists and maintains appropriate continuing education program for personnel.
- Participates and contributes to quality Improvement activities.
- Establishes and maintains compliance with departmental policies related to safety, infection and environmental control.
- Participates In self and others’ education, training and development, as applicable.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.