Head Nurse - Operating Room
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Jeddah
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
KFSH&RC – Jeddah has grown to becoming one of the leading Healthcare Providers in the Middle East. This year continues to be an exciting time for KFSH&RC-J, one of unprecedented growth and change as the construction of our new Mega Project continues. The hospital is undergoing a significant expansion, with the construction and commissioning of a new medical city located north of Jeddah. Phase one of the new hospital is expected to open in 2017; with over 1,000 beds including 152 ICU beds and 30 operating rooms.
Leads and demonstrates the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care. Responsible for 24-hour management of assigned nursing unit. Assesses plans, directs, implements and evaluates patient care to comply with established standards in accordance with the American Nurses Association, Nursing Administration Scope & Standards of practice and performance and JCIA. Communicates effectively both inter and intra-departmentally. Strives for excellence on unit and promotes excellent team working and interdisciplinary relationships. Leads and demonstrates the successful achievement of the Nursing Affairs strategic goals.
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is required
- Four (4) years of hospital experience as a registered nurse with at least two (2) year of nursing leadership experience with Master's Degree,
or six (6) years of similar requirements with Bachelor's Degree is required
- Western trained and experienced
- Operating Room Certification
- Previous Operating Room leadership experience
- Strong leader, fiscal management of supplies, ability to implement LEAN project preferable
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Promotes an awareness of resource utilization and the associated financial implication. Leads and demonstrates achievement of cost efficiency on unit as per targets. Prepares annual budget and provides variance reports as required. Forecasts requirements for personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Promotes the effective orientation, precepting and support of new staff and students. Provides a welcoming work environment for new staff/nursing students and ensures appropriate preceptors are made available to assist with orientation. Monitors and tracks individual progress.
- Serves as leadership model for staff. Establishes and maintains effective administrative processes on unit. Prepares quarterly reports and maintains records of activity and outcomes. Conducts unit meetings and maintains minutes.
- Promotes interdisciplinary collaboration with outcomes aimed at the best interest of patients. Leads and demonstrates achievement in decreasing the length of stay/waiting time.
- Plans and ensures implementation and evaluation of patient education programs.
- Evaluates patient acuity and develops and reviews criteria for work assignment and delivery care model. Ensures that there is planned, effective, day-to-day skill mix and staff management. Determines and reviews staffing plans and develops a scheduling system for unit and reviews regularly as staffing, skills mix and acuity change.