Health Educator, Balsam
Khalifa University Khalifa University
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Balsam or "Barnamij L-Ta‘leem Sehat al-Mujtama" is a community-based, household-focused, longitudinal service-learning program that incorporates attention to the social determinants of health (SDoHs) thru its education, health care, and research missions. Balsam integrates social sciences, clinical experience, interprofessional teamwork, and attention to the SDoHs to prepare socially accountable and culturally sensitive physicians. Balsam accomplishes this mission by partnering with a network of community agencies to improve the health of households and communities. Working under the supervision of licensed healthcare professionals, students provide a variety of services to patients. This experience promotes the professional development of students and the acquisition of competencies that form the CMHS MD program.
Reporting to the Community Medicine MD, Health Educator participates in the design and delivery of educational tools and resources to be used by program participants and patients served thru Balsam.
Education / Qualification Required:
A Bachelor's Degree in Health Education
- Five (5) or more years of healthcare experience
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary and collegial team, with well-develop professional and interpersonal skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies essential resources for the program
- Facilitates classes according to the organization's guidelines
- Participates in the development and delivery of educational content necessary to prepare medical students for their roles and responsibilities in the program.
- Assists in the selection of learning resources for program participants.
- Plans and implements programs and treatments specifically designed to address the community needs
- Provides health and wellness education.
- Presents information effectively to target audiences
Research, Scholarship and Creative Activities
- Evaluates, designs, presents, recommends, and disseminates culturally appropriate health education information and materials
- Participates in research and scholarship needed to identify and assess program goals and outcomes
- Fosters service within the community at large
- Conducts and facilitates necessary training or educational orientation to other health team members in the community
- Participates in the development and delivery of educational healthcare services provided by the Balsam Program.
- Advocates health programs in the community through dissemination of Information Education and Communication materials
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.