Nursing Material Coordinator
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic and passionate candidate whom will be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care utilizing the nursing process and meeting the established standard of nursing practice and performance.
Nursing Coordinator/Materials Management is directly responsible for the ongoing surveillance and identification of consumables/supplies available in the clinical areas. He/she will work closely within the management structure of Nursing and with senior personnel within Materials Management. The Nursing Materials Management Coordinator Will provide professional support in the areas of procurement, receiving, distribution of supplies and equipment, equipment repair, printing and forms management, and inventory control for the various Nursing units.
Education / Qualifications Required:
- MS Degree in Nursing
- BS Degree in Nursing
- Minimum Four (4) years of nursing experience if holding MS Degree including two (2) Years of Leadership Experience
- Minimum Six (6) years of nursing experience if holding BS Degree including two (2) Years of Leadership Experience
- Experience in Obstetrical is a must
- Current and in Good Standing Nursing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs his/her duties and tasks as per Hospital Policy and Agreement on Professional Code of Conduct
- Actively participates in all quality and performance improvement activities within the department/service and within the hospital as per Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Plan.
- Actively participates in all the education requirement and activities as per the Hospital Education Program
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned the scope of practice and employment contract.
- Prepares reports, maintains records, compiles statistics as required. Assists in maintaining departmental files in the related field in this job description.
- Maintains professional growth and development. Maintains professional affiliations, attends outside conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Develops and implements a process. in coordination With the Information and Communication Technology Department and the Materials Management Department, which will control and manage the flow of all identified supplies and equipment from ordering to disposition
- Develops and implements a monitoring process in collaboration with nursing leaders which will highlight the utilization of equipment and supplies, focusing on slow moving items and non-moving items.
- Establishes a framework for products and equipment standardization (task force, team) thus ensuring improved patient care and cost electiveness
- Communicates system and process problem such as, shortages, out of stock (OOS). expired, unavailable and/or delays to the Nursing Administration. Nursing Department, Support Services and other leaders as required within processes.
- Liaises, at the direction of the Materials Management, with clinical vendors and sales representatives in relation to the evaluation and identification Of supplies, equipment and need.
- Establishes and develops guidelines in relation to the ordering, storing, maintaining and replacing Of Stock items for the nursing services.
- Coordinates and assists the managers in determining the need and type (PAR levels) for each of the listed supplies and equipment.
- Establishes a process for product evaluation of all newly introduced equipment/supplies and for each of the listed supplies and equipment
- In collaboration with Materials and Management and other members of nursing leaders, implements and coordinates a recall and destruction process of expired. obsolete, and/or recalled equipment and supplies to ensure patient and staff safety.
- Establishes and implements a checklist prior to distribution which will allow for item check. expiry dates, accuracy, defects and other requirements as set out through Material Management and the Manufacturer
- Receives, reviews. coordinates and arranges for orientation/training for all equipment/supplies allocated to the Nursing Services and ensure timely and accurate distribution of the items.
- Coordinates and assists managers in the completion of requests, need identification, stock take and other documentation requirement and development.
- Develops, implements a stock monitoring program using the hospital approved template in order to determine out or stock items, non-availability of routine supplies, non-availability of urgent supplies and reports the results, findings and analysis to Materials Management, end users and the Continuous Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Department.
- Assists in addressing any supplies issues within the Nursing Department.
- Identifying non-availability of stock and its effect on services.
- Providing quarterly usage report and analysis with recommendations.
- Serving as a member of hospital and Nursing committees as required.