Lead Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Works in conjunction with the Director of Imaging and Imaging Medical Staff to improve patient and work flow via providing support, education and leadership to the technical staff. Supports the mission and vision of the Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. Responsible for day-to-day operations of the Nuclear Medicine section in the Imaging Department. Demonstrates knowledge of clinical procedures, equipment and policies - Hospital and Department - that are necessary for job performance. Collaborates with other department leadership to develop and implement methods to achieve established goals and objectives. Coordinates the work activities of assigned staff associates and patient scheduling. Maintains and achieves daily productivity and quality assurance standards set by management. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Radiography
- OR Graduation from an accredited diploma program (minimum three (3) years curriculum)
- Master’s degree in Medical Imaging or relevant clinical master’s degree in a related field is preferred (will reduce one (1) year from the required years of experience)
Minimum Four (4) years of post graduate experience in Nuclear Medicine in an acute care hospital (of which not less than two (2) years experience as a senior NM Radiographer in an acute care hospital)
Current and clean license to practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes the responsibilities for the day to day operations of the Nuclear Medicine section.
- Demonstrates general job knowledge of Nuclear Medicine procedures and equipment necessary for job performance.
- Demonstrates general job knowledge of policies and procedures - Hospital and Imaging Department - necessary for job performance.
- Perform Radiopharmaceutical kit preparations and quality control according to departmental procedure and manufacture specification.
- Caliberate Nuclear Medicine equipment according to manufacture specifications.
- Administer radiopharmaceutical in compliance with established regulations and accreditation agencies.
- Coordinate the flow and schedule of inpatients and outpatients to ensure optimal patient satisfaction, while ensuring all patient safety measures are maintained.
- Ensures and maintains quality control in regards to patient care and equipment usage.
- Ensures quality assurance tests are performed daily/weekly and all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Participate in the interview and selection of staff.
- Responsible for the performance, evaluation and disciplinary processes of assigned personnel.
- Prepare and review time records for the areas of responsibility.
- Provides technical assistance to physicians, and technologists.
- Acts as a resource.
- Provides technical direction with complex cases and resolves problems.
- Exhibits leadership by communicating the vision of the department/organization through a dynamic interactive process with the staff.
- Assists others in meeting department responsibilities and goals.
- Assists the Imaging Director and Operations Manager with assessing the policies and procedures for the area of responsibility on an annual basis.
- Assists with coordinating operational changes and provides training for technologists
- Schedules routine preventative maintenance on equipment to meet safety and regularity standards.
- Instructs other area personnel in Radiation Protection, as needed, and ensures their safety.
- Monitor and stay in compliance with all departmental policies and procedure.
- Maintains and achieves daily productivity and quality assurance standards set by management.
- Coordinates the schedule and work activities of assigned staff.
- Coordinates and answers questions regarding scheduling and patient information.
- Maintains and promotes strong relations with other departments.
- Leads educational and training programs for employees regarding equipment usage, new protocols, patient safety, and career development
- Leads programs for performance improvement, efficiency and productivity, employee engagement and patient experience.
- Continued to act as a preceptor for new hires
- Collaborates with department leadership to develop and implement methods to achieve established goals and objectives.
- Assists the imaging director with the maintenance of all required section records and the provision of any statistical data that might be required in support of management activities
- Monitors equipment and system operations.
- Coordinates and answers questions regarding networking and informatics.
- Effectively completes and ensures that all electronic data is sent to its appropriate destination.
- Ensures that a safe environment is maintained in the department.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.