Khalifa University Khalifa University
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
The Learning Specialist assists with the College of Medicine and Health Sciences learning enhancement program, serves as liaison and/or advisory for College’s students and faculty, and helps ensure effective delivery of student services. The Learning Specialist will engage students, individually and with group learning activities. The position will work collaboratively under the direction of the Program Director Student Academic Support Services and to ensure access to academic support is integrated and equitably available to all College of Medicine and Health Sciences students.
Education / Qualification Required:
Master’s degree in Cognitive or Educational Psychology, Counseling, Education or related field
A minimum of seven (7) years
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the University's learning enhancement program by providing academic support and direction to students, sharing pertinent information with faculty and administration, mentoring students in preparation for exams, and providing support for special programs.
- Maintain student records in compliance with University policies and keep accurate documentation of sessions, meetings, and other communications as appropriate.
- Serve as liaison and/or advisory for and between students and faculty, facilitating enhanced learning, ensuring effective transition to medical/graduate school, providing workshops and sessions enhancing the learning experience for students, helping ensure effective delivery of student services, assisting with student orientation, and contributing to team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
- Contribute as an active member of/and collaborator for the Learning Enhancement team.
- Teach seminars and provide individual counselling to students preparing for standardized exams; Plans and directs remedial programs.
- Maintain reports and completes forms regarding student academic support.
- Monitor student progress; prepares communications as needed.
- Organize and input pertinent information into student information management software.
- Represent the University favorably and in accordance with established Core Values and expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals and objectives of the organization
- Attend relevant committee meetings (e.g. curriculum, orientation)
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.