Locum Event Doctor (Fan Zone) – Anesthesia
The Locum Event Doctor (Fan Zones) is responsible for the care of all patients admitted under his/her name and for all the clinical decisions. Ability to relate well to others and use interpersonal skills to achieve desired objectives, recognizing the need to represent both the clinical work and the team. In addition to providing high quality patient care (diagnose, treat, manage, and admit patients under his/her name) as delineated by his/her clinical privileges. The Locum Event Doctor (Fan Zones) is required to have professional clinical competence, leadership, and management skills. The Locum Event Doctor (Fan Zones) will be required to work on flexible shift basis for the duration of the event and will be assigned to a specific event location but may be reassigned as the event progresses. The duties of a Locum Event Doctor (Fan Zones) are delivered in an out of hospital environment related to the cover of events. Candidates should be comfortable conducting their duties in such a temporary/out of hospital environment.
Education / Qualification Required
One of the following:
- India: MD or MS from recognized Medical school or DNB from National Board of Examinations
- Pakistan: Fellowship of College of Physicians and Surgeons in Pakistan (FCPS)
- Bangladesh: Master of Surgery (MS), Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Fellow of the Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Two years experience post completion of specialist subspecialty training in Anesthesia: India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal
- Minimum of one episode of clinical practice experience (paid employment or voluntary) in one of the following areas: Public events, Religious events, Cultural events, Sporting tournaments, Music concerts, Political rallies or events, Cruise Ship, Military Environment and Expedition or Similar
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country practicing as a physician
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- The Locum Event Doctor (Fan Zones) is responsible for organizing, monitoring, and maintaining the clinical services provided within his/her designated area to achieve the highest possible level of patient care with optimum utilization of the available resources.
- The Locum Event Doctor (Fan Zones) is responsible for ensuring that care is delivered in line with clinical pathways agreed for the event.
- In collaboration with other clinicians ensures effective management and provision of all clinical access, effectiveness, or communication operations, without compromising patient care.
- Co-ordinates the effective hand-over at shift change times to avoid any adverse impact on clinical access, effectiveness and communications quality and performance measures.
- To be responsible for staff welfare and support where appropriate.
- Promote and ensure best practice employee relations with emphasis on communications, equal opportunities, diversity, health and safety and attendance management.
- Manage both clinical and non-clinical risks. This will involve identifying and escalating risks appropriately and implementing plans to mitigate them where required.
- To ensure that their service delivery area is prepared and adequately resourced to manage multiple casualty incidents (MCI) and other major incidents in line with event plans.
- Practices according to the Hamad Medical Corporation Ambulance Service Code of Professional Conduct.
FIFA x HMC x IHR Hospital Special Recruitment Event