Locum Senior Event Doctor – Family Medicine
The Locum Senior Event Doctor is the most senior doctor and has oversight responsibility for his/her team of doctors and also the management of other team members in his/her designated area of clinical provision. The Senior Event Doctor is responsible for the care of all patients admitted under his/her name and for all the clinical decisions. Ability to relate well to others and use interpersonal skills to achieve desired objectives, recognizing the need to represent both the clinical work and the team. In addition to providing high quality patient care (diagnose, treat, manage and admit patients under his name) as delineated by his clinical privileges. The Locum Senior Event Doctor is required to have professional clinical competence, leadership and management skills. The Locum Senior Event Doctor will be required to work on flexible shift basis for the duration of the event and will be assigned to a specific event location, but may be reassigned as the event progresses. The duties of a Locum Event Doctor are delivered in an out of hospital environment related to the cover of events. Candidates should be comfortable conducting their duties in such a temporary/out of hospital environment.
Education / Qualifications Required
One of the following:
- UK: GMC/CCST Specialist or General Practice Register
- Ireland: Membership / Fellowship of the Royal Colleges and Certificate of Satisfactory Completion of Specialist training (CSCST) from Ireland and Certificate of Specialist Doctor issued by the Medical Council of Ireland and Certificate of Satisfactory Completion of Specialist training (CSCST)
- Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal Australia and New Zealand Colleges
- Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
- USA: The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Germany: Facharzt Specialist Certificate
- Sweden: Certificate of the right to use the title of specialist or Certificate of specific training for general practice issued by the National Board of Health and Welfare of Sweden
- South Africa: Master of Medicine (M. Med) Degree or Fellowship Certificate approved by the Colleges of Medicine of South Africa (CMSA)
- Minimum Six years experience post completion of specialist subspecialty training in Family Medicine in one of the following countries: UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, USA, Germany, Sweden, and South Africa
- Minimum of one episode of clinical practice experience (paid employment or voluntary) in one of the following areas: Public events, Religious events, Cultural events, Sporting tournaments, Music concerts, Political rallies or events, Cruise Ship, Military Environment and Expedition or Similar
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country practicing as a Consultant
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- The Locum Senior Event Doctor is responsible for organizing, monitoring, and maintaining the clinical services provided within his/her designated area to achieve the highest possible level of patient care with optimum utilization of the available resources.
- The Locum Senior Event Doctor is responsible for ensuring that care is delivered in line with pathways agreed for the event.
- In collaboration with other clinicians ensures effective management and provision of all clinical access, effectiveness, or communication operations, without compromising patient care.
- Co-ordinates the effective hand-over at shift change times to avoid any adverse impact on clinical access, effectiveness and communications quality and performance measures.
- To be responsible for staff welfare and support where appropriate.
- Promote and ensure best practice employee relations with emphasis on communications, equal opportunities, diversity, health and safety and attendance management.
- Manage both clinical and non-clinical risks. This will involve identifying and escalating risks appropriately and implementing plans to mitigate them as required.
- To ensure that their service delivery area is prepared and adequately resourced to manage multiple casualty incidents (MCI) and other major incidents in line with event plans.
- Practices according to the Hamad Medical Corporation Ambulance Service Code of Professional Conduct.
FIFA x HMC x IHR Hospital Special Recruitment Event