Manager Computer Based Testing Center
Responsible to manages the testing center for formative student tests
related to CMHS recruitment and admissions processes, as well as at several points in a course depending on the purpose of the assessment.
The manager is to ensure all staff are following set policies and guidelines to uphold the highest standards for exam integrity and security Qualifications.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer‐related field
- Master’s degree in computer science
- Minimum twelve (12) years of relevant experience
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of the Department’s strategy, as well as annual business plans.
- Contribute to the development of the Department’s policies and procedures, in line with the overall
business objectives of the University, ensuring they promote leading practices and excellence.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Department’s budgets and report back on a timely basis to ensure that divergences are addressed promptly.
- The Manager of the Computer Based Testing Center is responsible for managing the staff and
overseeing the maintenance and operations of the center
- Translate the long‐term business goals into technical solutions to meet Khalifa University and CMHS strategic goals
- Develop a plan for the computer systems that will be able to reach those goals.
- Work extensively with management and business analysts to determine what business needs the applications are meant to address
- Research emerging technologies to decide if installing them can increase the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Work with management to ensure that systems and the IT infrastructure are set up to best serve the organization’s mission.
- Helping to choose a specific type of hardware and software system.
- Supervise the initial installation or upgrade of IT systems from start to finish
- Run tests and diagnose problems in order to make sure that critical requirements are met
- Monitor systems and projects progress to ensure that deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met
- Devise ways to add new functionality to existing computer systems
- Prepare an analysis of costs and benefits so that management can decide if information systems and computing infrastructure upgrades for existing systems are needed and are financially
- Oversee the installation and configuration of new systems to customize them for the organization
- Oversee the systems testing to ensure that the systems work as expected
- Oversee the Training needs for the system’s end users and instruction manuals
- Adheres to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and
reports breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinates with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities,
as and when needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre‐determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow‐up on employees’ administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs