Manager of Cardio – Diagnostic Services
Responsible for the overall management and organization of the Cardio-Diagnostic Department. Directs, develops, implements, and updates internal standards, policies, procedures and protocols. Assure quality care services, staff competencies and privileges are appropriate and maintained.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cardio-Vascular Technology
- Minimum Eight (8) years clinical experience with at least 3 years of management experience in a hospital of at least 200 beds
- Current and in a Good Standing License to practice in country of residence.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing skilled professional leadership and act as a role model for section/department employees
- Developing and promoting clinical management services that improve patient outcomes – including responsibility for the development of clinical management policies, protocols, initiatives and guidance and implementation of statutory documents. Monitor response to identified issues and facilitate resolution through the relevant organizations as required
- Having accountability for the day to day operations of the section/department department
- Participating in budgeting, acquisition and testing of new equipment.
- Minimizing wastage of materials by appropriate stock rotation, just in time ordering
- Managing the team including setting of objectives, appraisals, training, annual leave, supervision and reflective practice
- Ensuring that section/department staff practice in accordance with going policies and procedures as applied by SSMC and the facility
- Participating in recruitment of staff. Inducting, training and managing staff in accordance with SSMC policies and procedures. This will also include setting a development program targeting the skills of employees. Offering recommendations concerning the number and qualifications of personnel needed to carry out the function of the department.
- Conducting thorough workforce planning exercises assuring adequate and efficient staffing of the various shifts and services and effective allocation of resources throughout the department. This will also be aligned with the implementation of skill retention schemes
- Representing the service or facility at a multi-disciplinary level or facility meeting to ensure delivery of coordinated multi-disciplinary service
- Delegating tasks and responsibilities whenever necessary, distributing responsibility for operational management of the department, allocating and organizing the work of professional and assistant staff to meet service priorities on a daily basis
- Working with and lead the team to provide an efficient and effective service and to be involved in the development and implementation of department policies
- Developing a strategic vision for the section/department and produce a report for the facility on the service developments and future plans
- Ensuring close collaboration of the service while working with other senior teams of the facility securing best outcomes of patient care
- Ensuring effective communication is maintained between staff, patients and external organizations
- Maintains an adequate system for both inter-departmental and intra-departmental communications to enable effective coordination of services rendered
- Masters all skills expected to be demonstrated, and all tasks expected to be performed, by more junior staff.
Quality & Safety
- Responsible for the overall operation, development and quality of performance of all Cardio-Diagnostic Services.
- Ensuring that all equipment defects, accidents and complaints are reported immediately to ensure that appropriate action may be taken in line with facility health and safety policies
- Responsible for the safe and competent use of all related equipment and patient and patient appliances and aids used by patients; to ensure that junior staff, senior staff and assistants attain competency prior to use
- Ensuring compliance with applicable precautions for environmental safety, infection control, using a series of interventions that minimize or prevent cross infection
- Maintaining and assisting in enforcing the strictest confidence in relation to patient information whether formally or informally recorded
- Planning and developing policies that guide the management process of the service
- Planning and delivering training and education sessions for department staff, doctors and nurses in the safe and secure handling of drugs and equipment, prescribing (whenever applicable), administration and treatment and management i.e. teaching, induction, peer review, case studies, and clinical presentations
- Participating in department programs/committees, various hospital committees, and staff meetings (whenever requested)
- Completing and maintaining all regulatory requirements including: licensure and certification and other mandatory training within established time frames
- Ensuring appropriate internal and external sharing of information based on governing policies and procedures
- Ensuring all members of the department receive adequate clinical supervision as required for their professional and technical development
- Maintaining professional knowledge by attending lectures, seminars or on-line education units