MD Clinical Skills & Simulation Instructor
Khalifa University Khalifa University
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
The MD Clinical Skills and Simulation instructor will work closely with the Faculty Director, Simulation Training to support to lead the operation of this complex training facility located at KU-CMHS, Abu Dhabi, UAE. The MD Clinical Skills and Simulation Instructor will train and support Core-faculty and clinical faculty on the use of immersive simulation and OSCEs to support the MD program and out-reach programs for clinical simulation
Education / Qualification Required:
- Medical Clinical Qualification (MD, MBBS).
- BLS, ACLS,PALS certification and training status
A minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with relevant teams in the planning and execution of Objective Structured Clinical Examinations throughout Clinical Skills 1 and 2
- Provide instruction on clinical skills
- Facilitate learning using new techniques and simulated medical situations requiring students to participate in hands-on, real-time problem solving.
- Educate with an emphasis on conceptual knowledge, basic skills and an introduction to the actual work.
- Train with an emphasis on the actual tasks and the work to be performed in an authentic setting
- Assist students in integration of theory and practice, specific to the course
- Provide clear objectives, expectations, and policies regarding performance measures and use of equipment.
- Post course materials (syllabus, assignments, discussion topics, etc.) to learners
- Conduct clinical stimulation assignments to students and provide individual feedback
- Evaluate student learning in the clinical setting.
- Engage students in individualized instruction in the observation assessment
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.