Co-organizes, implements, and maintains a Biomedical Physics Service Program in one area of Biomedical Physics such as Radiation Oncology Physics, Diagnostic Imaging Physics or Nuclear Medicine Physics. Supervises Biomedical Physics staff.
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in Medical Physics or other related discipline (Physics or its subspecialties and/or Nuclear Engineering)
- 6 years of experience in Physics, Nuclear Engineering or other related field, with Ph.D., or 9 years with Master’s Degree
Current and in a Good Standing Medical License to practice in country of residence and Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS) is required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the technical activities of one area of Medical Physics at the Hospital as assigned.
- Reviews and develops technical specifications for equipment used for patient diagnosis and therapy, makes recommendations on equipment purchases and modifications.
- Implements and maintains a quality assurance program and performs acceptance tests for equipment under his/her purview.
- Plans and specifies of thickness, material, and placement of shielding needed to protect patients, workers, the general public and the environment from radiation produced incident to diagnosis or treatment of humans.
- Assesses and evaluates installed shielding designed to protect patients, workers, the general public and the environment from radiation produced incident to diagnosis or treatment of humans.
- Identifies staff, equipment, and budget required to complete assigned tasks.
- Trains technical staff as needed and recommends applied clinical research programs required to complete assigned missions.
- Participates in Department/Unit specific and Hospital wide quality improvement plan preferred.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and other’s education, training and development as applicable.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.