Nurse Adult Oncology
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center
Jeddah , Saudi Arabia
The oncology nurse practices at a high level of autonomy and accountability in collaboration with oncologists and the inter-professional Health-care team to provide a continuum of patient care from prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, palliation, bereavement and survisorship.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree in Nursing.
- Associates Degree/Diploma in Nursing from an accredited school from North America, Western Europe, Nee Zealand or Australia.
- 4 years of nursing experience with Bachelor’s Degree.
- 6 years with Associate Degree/Diploma is required.
- 1 year of nursing leadership experience is preferred.
- Current and clean medical license to practice from North America, Western Europe, New Zealand or Australia
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts a thorough health assessment of the patient’s physical and psychosocial, needs by completing a patient history and physical examination.
- Formulates and implements a holistic plan of nursing care that is communicated and clarified with the patient/family
- Interprets and organizes sequencing of diagnostic tests and procedures when nursing judgement and expertise is required
- Demonstrates “hands on” clinical skills specific to an area of practice and other job assignments as required
- Identifies clinical presentation and risk factors for oncologic emergencies, implements interventions, and facilitates patient learning associated with self-care strategies
- Effectively manages communication of patient/family and community healthcare professionals to navigate the healthcare system
- Provides care that demonstrates sensitivity to client diversity and incorporates appropriate cultural practices
- Reviews protocols for clinical trials that may affect her/his patients
- Evaluates patient responses to interventions in order to determine progress toward achieving expected outcomes. Modifies the nursing plan of care accordingly
- Provides a comprehensive report when transferring accountability of a patient’s care to another nurse and/or facility
- Documents patient history, physical examination data, nursing care plan and interventions, and the clients’ responses in the client’s record in a timely manner in accordance with KFSH&RC standards
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.