Staff Nurse Medical Surgical Transplant ICU
Responsible for offers individualized assistance to patients, families, and caregivers to help overcome healthcare system barriers. Using the nursing process, an Oncology Nurse Coordinator provides education and resources to facilitate informed decision making and timely access to quality health and psychosocial care throughout all phases of the cancer care continuum.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- Minimum Two (2) years of experience as a Registered Nurse in Medical/Surgical/Transplant ICU in a mid-to large-sized acute-care/tertiary hospital.
- Valid and in a good Standing License in current country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs accurate and complete admission assessments
- Monitors and documents the patient’s condition and the effectiveness of care and/or interventions
- Establishes and implements a care plan based on sound nursing theory, scientific principles, professional judgment and individual patient needs
- Evaluates and updates the patient’s plan of care to facilitate the achievement of planned and expected outcomes
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing protocol
- Assesses for and plans the educational needs of the patient
- Provides teaching and educational material to patients and/or families, which may include diagnosis, tests and procedures, safe and proper use of equipment, use of medications, injury prevention and nutritional needs.
- Monitors and resolves customer service issues and provides feedback regarding satisfaction results to Nursing Leadership
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patients and families
Interacts with patients, families and other visitors in a courteous, helpful manner
- Facilitates the incorporation of patient safety and Magnet principles into clinical nursing care
- Participates in clinical nursing research and supports CCAD research initiatives.
- Keeps abreast of best practice information for nursing profession.