The role is responsible to independently or under the supervision of senior therapists conduct all operations related to occupational therapy by observing all standards of operational rules and procedures
- A Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy or 3 years diploma in Occupational Therapy from a nationally approved and/or accredited College or University
- Valid Primary License from the country of origin if applicable
- 2 years experience as an Occupational Therapist, with experience in hand therapy/orthopedics
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising junior staff and ensuring their abidance to going rules and policies as applied and implemented in the Section/Department/Facility (as per requirement)
- Maintaining sufficient inventory of material supplies and equipment for performance of duties
- Reporting shortage of materials to supervisor at earliest convenience, ordering and approving replenishments when necessary
- Manage an individual caseload of assigned patients effectively and efficiently.
- Independently assesses, re-assesses and synthesize evaluation data and contribute to a clinical diagnosis for individual patients to determine their need for Occupational Therapy intervention.
- Independently formulate treatment plan in collaboration with patient/family, delivering individual Occupational Therapy treatment according to evidence based practice and carries out a comprehensive discharge plan.
- Provide patient and family education in a timely manner as part of the Occupational Therapy process
- Work as part of a team to ensure effective communication and delivery of care including participation in medical/surgical rounds, clinics, conferences.
- Maintain patient documentation, records and accurate statistical information to reflect care provided and meet professional standards.
- Communicate and make recommendations to all relevant disciplines of staff to maximize patient care and promote multidisciplinary team working
- Provides specific clinical instructions, recommendations, education and advice to those involved in continuity of care.
- Work independently to provide Occupational Therapy weekend/holiday and on-call care.
- Participate in implementation of HMC and Departmental Policies and Procedures of safety, infection control and quality improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Quality & Safety
- Promoting and maintaining quality in all services and ensure continuous quality improvement measures are in place. Conduct method evaluation/development as per standard policies and procedures
- Complying with all safety, health and quality control programs and procedures as applicable
- Complying with applicable organizational competencies and precautions for environmental safety, infection control, using a series of interventions that minimize or prevent cross infection
- Maintaining the strictest confidence in relation to patient information whether formally or informally recorded
- Practicing within the expressed limits of established policies and procedures
- Ensuring that SOP (standard operation procedures) and Quality Assurance tests are maintained within all sections
- Being responsible for documenting all intervention in appropriate format
- Comply and support clinical audit processes within the service and report on these as agreed
- Communicating in a professional and courteous manner with patients, family and other medical personnel as necessary to obtain information for laboratory records, explain procedures, clarify orders and communicate status
- Assist in training of students if required