Position holder is responsible for providing clinical services independently including Occupational Therapy assessment, treatment and Discharge plan of the assigned patients. Also responsible for updating personal clinical knowledge.
- Manage an individual caseload of assigned patients effectively and efficiently.
- Independently assesses, re-assesses and synthesize evaluation data and contribute to a clinical diagnosis for individual patients to determine their need for Occupational Therapy intervention.
- Independently formulate treatment plan in collaboration with patient/family, delivering individual Occupational Therapy treatment according to evidence based practice and carries out a comprehensive discharge plan.
- Provide patient and family education in a timely manner as part of the Occupational Therapy process
- Work as part of a team to ensure effective communication and delivery of care including participation in medical/surgical rounds, clinics, conferences.
- Maintain patient documentation, records and accurate statistical information to reflect care provided and meet professional standards.
- Communicate and make recommendations to all relevant disciplines of staff to maximize patient care and promote multidisciplinary team working
- Provides specific clinical instructions, recommendations, education and advice to those involved in continuity of care.
- Work independently to provide Occupational Therapy weekend/holiday and on-call care.
- Participate in implementation of HMC and Departmental Policies and Procedures of safety, infection control and quality improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Delegate appropriate tasks, oversee clinical workload of Occupational Therapy Technicians, Assistants and Aides to maximize efficiency and achieve desired quality of care.
- Participate in Occupational Therapy in-service to promote service development and / or personal development.
- Engage in Continuous Education Programs
- Responsible for developing and updating clinical knowledge to ensure delivery of evidence based care, professional growth and development.
- Participate in the development and organization of educational programs for nursing, medical, other multidisciplinary team members, staff as well as patient’s caregivers.
- Participates in research activities to enhance clinical outcomes and promote evidence–based clinical practice
- A Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy or 3 years diploma in Occupational Therapy from a nationally approved and/or accredited College or University
- Valid Primary License from the country of origin if applicable
- 2 year experience as an Occupational Therapist, with experience in hand therapy/ orthopedics
English – Essential, Arabic – Preferred