Operation Room Head Nurse
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Jeddah King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Jeddah
Jeddah , Saudi Arabia
Responsible for 24-hour management of assigned nursing unit. Assesses plans, directs, implements and evaluates patient care to comply with established standards in accordance with the American Nurses Association, Nursing Administration Scope & Standards of practice and performance and JCIA. Communicates effectively both inter and intra-departmentally. Strives for excellence on unit and promotes excellent team working and interdisciplinary relationships. Leads and demonstrates the successful achievement of the Nursing Affairs strategic goals.
Education / Qualifications Required:
- MS Degree in Nursing
- BS Degree in Nursing
- Minimum Four (4) years of nursing experience if holding MS Degree including two (2) Years of Leadership Experience
- Minimum Six (6) years of nursing experience if holding BS Degree including two (2) Years of Leadership Experience
- Operation Room Certification
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country or practice
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Promotes an awareness of resource utilization and the associated financial implication.
- Leads and demonstrates achievement of cost efficiency on unit as per targets.
- Prepares annual budget and provides variance reports as required.
- Forecasts requirements for personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Promotes the effective orientation, precepting and support of new staff and students.
- Provides a welcoming work environment for new staff/nursing students and ensures appropriate preceptors are made available to assist with orientation.
- Monitors and tracks individual progress.
- Serves as leadership model for staff.
- Establishes and maintains effective administrative processes on unit.
- Prepares quarterly reports and maintains records of activity and outcomes.
- Conducts unit meetings and maintains minutes.
- Promotes interdisciplinary collaboration with outcomes aimed at the best interest of patients.
- Leads and demonstrates achievement in decreasing the length of stay/waiting time.
- Plans and ensures implementation and evaluation of patient education programs.
- Evaluates patient acuity and develops and reviews criteria for work assignment and delivery care model.
- Ensures that there is planned, effective, day-to-day skill mix and staff management.
- Determines and reviews staffing plans and develops a scheduling system for unit and reviews regularly as staffing, skills mix and acuity change.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.