Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
The OSCE Specialist is responsible for observing and assessing medical students’ clinical skills during standardized patient (SP)/objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) sessions.
- A Degree in Nursing
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in general clinical work.
- Previous experience in simulation laboratory training.
- Certified with current BLS CPR and RN and ALS, Nursing license.
- Skills in acute care, knowledge of simulation techniques, and excellent knowledge and understanding of human pathophysiology.
- Possess the skills and ability to train the students, Faculty and clinical staff on the simulation equipment
Job Duties and Requirements
- The OSCE Specialist will create realistic scenarios to guide and instruct the students from in and outside the university
- Provide quality patient care and to ensure patient safety
- Work collaboratively with the faculty to foster the application of critical thinking and the integration of knowledge along with the psycho-motor practice of skills.
- Develop and implement clinical based scenarios in the laboratory and for the computerized simulators.
- Demonstrate laboratory procedures and monitor the students in demonstrating procedures.
- Operate and maintain the computerized simulation equipment.
- Monitor laboratory resources, maintain inventory control and order laboratory supplies and equipment for the skills classes.
- Collaborate with faculty as needed to ensure the preparation of laboratories and equipment based on course needs and scheduling.
- Participate in the planning and scheduling of the laboratory time to ensure adequate available time for the students to practice in the clinical skills lab throughout the semester.
- Assist course coordinators to ensure that laboratory experience meets course objectives and caters to individual needs as requested by faculty or students.
- Train the students in both basic and advance Nursing Skills.
- Arrange for and visit clinical sites
- Adheres to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and reports breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinates with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager