Period Director for Medical Education
Khalifa University Khalifa University
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Medical Education, the Period Director for Medical Education - Periods 3 and 4 at Khalifa University’s College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS) supports the Assistant Dean in scheduling and implementing courses and strands during the third and fourth years of the medical education program.
Basic Medical Degree from an accredited University
- Qualified for faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or higher
- Prior leadership role in undergraduate medical education
- Regional, national or international recognition in medical education
- Demonstrable accomplishments in teaching, research, healthcare delivery, and/or service at a level commensurate of Assistant Professor or above.
- Strong record reflecting excellence in medical education and administration.
- Prior experience working as a course director in a MD program
- Proven management experience, requisite expertise in working collaboratively with faculty members and medicine professionals, strong interpersonal skills, and a thorough understanding of university structure and culture are essential.
- Demonstrable ethical behavior, professionalism, interpersonal skills, leadership and management abilities that are sufficient to effectively direct and develop staff and students.
- Oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of all courses and strands within Periods 3 and 4 of the medical education program
- Assists in the development of Period 3 and 4 calendars
- Assists with the development and annual update of course syllabi. Ensures syllabi comply with KU and CMHS policies
- Monitors and ensures that courses in periods 3 and 4 meet medical education program objectives
- Coordinates course schedules with course directors and ensures availability of rooms and IT support
- Ensures timely submission by course directors of grades and course evaluations
- Coordinates meetings between student curriculum advisors and course directors
- Serves as an ex-officio, non-voting member on the CMHS Curriculum Committee
- Assists with review and approval of course exams to ensure consistency with course objectives and learning outcomes
- Coordinates credentialing of medical students with Office of Student Affairs and clinical sites
- Provides information or prepares reports as and when needed.
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.