Program Director, Community Health Program, Balsam
Khalifa University Khalifa University
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
This experience promotes the professional development of students and the acquisition of competencies that form the CMHS MD program. Working under the supervision of licensed healthcare professionals, students provide a variety of services to patients.
Education / Qualification Required:
A degree in medicine (MD or MBBS)
Additional educational experience (e.g. MBA, MPH) preferred
Board certification in a clinical specialty
Five (5) or more years of healthcare experience as a clinical consultant
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and oversees management of the program budget
- Participates in recruitment, retention, training and supervision of program personnel
- Oversees staff development, education and training to acquire the necessary skills to carry out the program goals and objectives.
- Identifies and procures essential resources for the program, including IT
- Ensures that the program meets the college’s educational goals
- Works on the development and implementation of a comprehensive health education curriculum, case management services, and health promotion programming.
- Participates in the development and delivery of educational content necessary to prepare medical students for their roles and responsibilities in the program.
- Oversees faculty development to ensure that full-time and adjunct faculty are well prepared for their roles as clinician educators.
- Engages in the selection of learning resources for program participants
Research, Scholarship and Creative Activities:
- Oversees research and scholarship needed to identify and assess program goals and outcomes
- Promotes research and scholarship by faculty and students
- Develops and delivers papers, posters and abstracts at professional meetings, seminars and conferences
- Identifies and bids for funding and grants
- Pursues activities to raise the university’s and college’s profile
- Contributes to college or university working groups and committees as requested
- Contributes to student recruitment, retention, and assessment
- Fosters service within the community at large
- Supports and participates in student organizations and activities
- Healthcare Delivery
- Participates in the development and delivery of healthcare services provided by the Balsam Program.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.