Program Director - Teaching and Learning (Assignment)
Khalifa University Khalifa University
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Faculty Affairs, the Program Director, Teaching and Learning at Khalifa University’s College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS) supports the Assistant Dean in providing administrative leadership and policy development and implementation for medical faculty with a focus on improving the teaching and learning expertise of the faculty
Education / Qualification Required:
- MD and/or PhD in a relevant field
- Qualified for faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or higher
- Prior leadership role in educating faculty
Strong record reflecting excellence in education, clinical practice, research, and or administration. Proven management experience, requisite expertise in working collaboratively with faculty members and medicine professionals, strong interpersonal skills, and a thorough understanding of university structure and culture are essential. Demonstrable ethical behavior, professionalism, interpersonal skills, leadership and management abilities that are sufficient to effectively direct and develop staff and students.
- Prior leadership in an office of teaching and learning
- Demonstrable accomplishments in teaching, research, healthcare delivery, and/or service at a level commensurate of Assistant Professor or above.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Dean, Associate Deans and faculty to plan, develop, implement, assess and improve courses, programs and services that support the College’s missions as they relate to the professional development of faculty educators
- Ensures the activities of the office are in alignment with accreditation guidelines
- Participates in on boarding processes to prepare faculty for their role as teachers
- Oversees all programs and services offered by the Office of Teaching and Learning
- Designs, implements and evaluates programs that promote and support faculty teaching and learning excellence
- Develops, acquires and provides resources, ideas and best practices for teaching methods
- Participates in education program assessment
- Provides teaching consultations
- Participates in student feedback sessions to evaluate effectiveness of faculty teaching
- Provides instructional design support to course directors and strand leaders
- Coordinates functions with the educational learning lab
- Works with the Dean, Associate Deans and Khalifa University’s Office of Research Support to promote and support research activities
- Provides information or prepares reports as and when needed.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.