The candidate will be able to:
Provide leadership related to all aspects of the department medical staff;
Organize, monitor and maintain the services provided within the department in order to achieve the highest possible level of patient care through the optimum utilization of the available resources
Research is a key and integral component to the Corporation’s Strategic aim to become an Academic Health System. The post holder must be able to lead on delivering on delivering an integrated strategic vision and planning for Clinical, Research, Education and training which improves the quality of patient care.
Post qualifications from one of the following locations:
- USA: The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Canada: Fellows of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (FRCPS)
- UK and Ireland: GMC/CCST Specialist Register
- Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College (FRACP)
- Western Europe: Equivalent certification to the above
- Basic medical degree from recognized institution
- Minimum Five (5) years after board / equivalence certification
- Experience in a Leadership role in a similar position
Valid and in a good standing Medical License in current country of practice.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for quality, patient safety and administrative management of his/her service to his/her respective Medical Director.
- Provides technical input and support for overall plans and programs of the department.
- Assumes overall responsibility for the provision of medical care to patients and the quality of patient care in the department, including reviews of the quality and appropriateness of treatment, and oversees efforts towards establishing and updating best practices Protocols.
- Recommends delineated clinical privileges for each member of the service and transmits to the Credentials Committee the service’s recommendations concerning practitioner appointment and classification, reappointment, criteria for clinical privileges, monitoring of specified services, and corrective action with respect to persons with clinical privileges in his or her service.
- Ensures, in liaison with the Quality Management Team and the Medical Director that quality improvement programs are implemented and monitored on a regular basis including, but not limited to, morbidity and mortality reviews, or regular random audit of discharged patients.
- Oversees and participates in approval of training programs for students /interns/residents and maintains adequate continued education activities for department members.
- Evaluates and recommends to the Medical Director, after consultation with the concerned departmental committees, the hiring, promotion and dismissal of medical staff in the service.
- Prepares, reviews and approves annual reports of the service and its divisions.
- Has access to a register or record of research activity and has in place an audit and monitoring process.
- Is the responsible for/ has overview of performance for those with leadership responsibility for research or undertaking research in their facility(ies).
- Lead on the development of strategic vision for research in their service/division.
- Ensure appropriate training is provided to researchers and those with research responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assign.
System Wide Responsibilities
- Coordinates functions and multidisciplinary activities of the Department with relevant medical nursing, paramedics and administrative services.
- Ensures that appropriate clinical research is carried out properly in coordination with the Research Committee.
- Performs any other duties as directed or assigned by the Medical Director and Chief Medical Officer.
- Has in place systems and processes are in place that adhere to the SCH regulations for research, Corporate Research Policies (general and IRB) and JCI standards for Human Research protection.
- Ensure all research undertaken meets the strategic needs of the corporation and is of benefit to population we serve.
- Ensure only research with facility and corporate approval is undertaken in the department.
- Ensure patients are aware of their rights and responsibilities and access to research.