Pulmonology Transplant Consultant
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh
Riyadh , Saudi Arabia
Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Transplant Pulmonary Medicine, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules, and regulations and the hospital's policies and procedures.
Education / Qualification Required:
Post-qualification certification with one of the following:
- USA - The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Canada - Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
- UK - GMC/CCST Specialist Register
- Germany - Fachartz Specialist Certificate
- Sweden - Swedish Board
- Australia and New Zealand – Fellowship from the Royal Australia and New Zealand Colleges
- Specialist registration from other Western countries will be considered
Basic medical degree from recognized institution
Minimum Three (3) years of experience post board certification
Current and clean medical license to practice in country of origin or country to practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides required patient care and management in the field of transplant Pulmonary Medicine in accordance with standards of medical care laid down by KFSH&RC
- Diagnoses and treats breathing disorders and lung conditions requiring transplantation, such as bronchiectasis, interstitial pulmonary disease, bronchiolitis obliterans, Kartagner syndrome, etc.
- May practice critical care medicine in addition to transplant pulmonary medicine in order to deal with patients that require mechanical ventilation.
- Also conducts a physical diagnostics examination as well as a cardiac investigation and administers appropriate medication or oxygen therapy.
- Assumes responsibility for patients under his care. Liaises with various support service departments and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the standards laid down by KFSH&RC.
- Complies with all hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care, operating room, outpatient services, and patient discharge.
- Admits patients, initiates investigations, and ensures findings are recorded. Assesses patients' diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities/procedures.
- Conducts ward rounds as per policy and reassesses inpatients under care. Documents all findings in medical records.
- Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures! surgery and performs procedures! surgery as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
- Follows up on investigation results for inpatients and outpatients and modifies treatment accordingly.
- Attends specialty clinics, outpatient clinics, day surgical units, day medical units, special procedures, treatments areas and shares on-call schedule as per requirements.
- Participates in the On-Call Schedule for the section of Lung Transplant Unit
- Directs and advises junior staff on patient managements, especially in the field of Transplant Pulmonary Medicine
- Guides and actively participates in the training and teaching of Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants and junior staff.
- Keeps abreast with all the latest techniques and developments, especially in the field of Transplant Pulmonary Medicine, following and implementing them on a selective basis to improve technical standards
- Actively participates in the educational activities and training programs of the Centre
- Participates in national and international medical conferences
- Participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of KFSH&RC
- Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by Head of Section or Chairman of the department
- Participates in all mandatory section/departmental activities and the Organ Transplant Centre's Activities, i.e. Staff Meeting, Core Lectures, Research Forum, etc and serves on departmental and hospital committees, as required.
- Assists the section/department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the hospital.
- Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur.
- Actively contributes to the Division's and/or the Department's documentation of patient care processes and outcomes in the medical chart and or The Organ Transplant Registry.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.