Quality and Safety Manager / Supervisor Medical Laboratory Technologist Stem Cell / Cellular Therapy
Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC) Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC)
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Responsible for the quality operation and supervision of transfusion medicine and cellular therapy laboratory quality and safety operations on a daily basis
Education / Qualification:
- BSc in Medical Technology or clinical laboratory science or an equivalent qualification requiring NLT 3 years training course.
- Graduate of an accredited (MLT) program leading to registration with ASCP / ASCLS / CSMLS/ AIMS or other recognized institutions by the International Federation of Biomedical Laboratory Sciences (IFBLS)
- Master's in Biomedical Science or in Healthcare field or management or administration field
- NLT 6 years clinical experience in an accredited clinical laboratory environment by CAP or JCIA or Canadian Hospital accreditation or CPAC Clinical Pathology Accreditation (UK) or local experience in any accredited DOH hospitals, since first registration as a qualified laboratory science professional with NLT 2 years in a position as a laboratory supervisor
- NLT 8 years clinical experience in clinical laboratory environment since first registration as a qualified laboratory science professional and NLT 5 years since gaining a higher qualification.
- In addition to the 6 year clinical experience in an accredited laboratory, required 2 year Experience performing quality assurance activities in transfusion medicine, stem cell or bone marrow processing facilities with particular knowledge and skills in quality management in the field of cell therapy processing and cryopreservation
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides oversight of all accreditation, licensing processes.
- Work with physicians, scientists, clinical team and the hospital quality department to improve quality and safety of the laboratory pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical operations.
- Create and maintains the Quality management plan for Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility, the transfusion medicine and the apheresis unit
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.