Radiology/Radiation Therapy Clinical Instructor
Supports the provision of safe patient and family focused quality care. Provides comprehensive clinically focused staff orientation and professional development within area(s) of specialization utilizing the professional practice model. Supports the successful achievement of the Nursing Affairs strategic goals.
Education / Qualifications Required:
- BS Degree in Radiation Therapy
- Associate Degree/Diploma in Radiation Therapy
Minimum Four (4) years of related hospital experience including one (2) years clinical teaching experience required
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country or practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the appropriate Education Coordinator(s) to ensure the educational needs of the assigned unit(s)/clinic(s) and/or group of nurses are met
- Collaborates with staff, Head Nurse, Nursing Development & Saudization (ND&S) colleagues and others to assess learning needs to establish an annual education plan for area(s) of responsibility
- Develops, implements, evaluates and modifies clinically based teaching learning activities based on assessed needs, levels of competence and standards of care.
- Evaluated against unit specific indicators and strategic goals
- Incorporates internal and external standards, evidence –based practice and research findings into all educational offerings. In partnerships with nursing staff facilities critical incident analysis linking to all AORs and safety issues
- Participates in and conducts unit/clinic based, classroom and Skills Lab education in collaboration with appropriate ND&S educators and others utilizing principles of adult learning, reflective practice, cultural diversity, competency-based practice and novice to expert theories
- Utilizes the educator roles of coaching, mentoring, facilitating, teaching, managing and evaluating knowledge, skills, attitudes and values in learning situations
- Participates in the educational development and support of unit/clinic-based preceptors
- Conducts clinical performance assessment of staff within area(s) of responsibility in collaboration with Hear Nurse, Program Director and Education Coordinator and provides feedback for the establishment of an outcome based education plan if required
- Maintains educational records on staff in area(s) of responsibility
- Participates in educational activities that support the advancement of healthcare and thru nursing professional in the Kingdom.
- Demonstrates providing of education in support of achieving an increase in the number of Saudi nurses in assigned area. Supports increasing the number of Saudi nurses in Nursing Development and Saudization
- Demonstrates provision of education in support of achieving clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction
- Contributes to the development and delivery of Nursing Affairs objectives using a continuous improvement paradigm
- Demonstrates provision of education in support of achieving cost efficiency savings in assigned area
- Promotes and maintains effective communication and teamwork. Treats colleagues, patients and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
- Supports the recruitment of staff to area and assists in developing competence and performance. Acts as a mentor for new staff as they develop competence
- Participates in staff retention across Nursing Affairs. Demonstrates provision of education in support of achieving the retention of all staff in assigned area. Assesses application of knowledge and skills to practice
- Participates in professional self-development related to area(s) of clinical expertise, educator, roles and educational theories, principles and methods
- Develops and sustains own knowledge skills and professional awareness and maintains a professional profile.
- Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position
- Supports the organization in the achievement of identified goals
- Participates in Hospital-wide Performance Improvement activities
- Participates in the development and evaluation of IPPs
- Upholds the organizational values at all times
- Acts as a professional role model
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures
- Participates in self and other’s education, training and development as applicable
- Performs other related duties as assigned