Radiology Supervisor CT/MRI
As a Radiology Supervisor, you will be expected to provide the highest quality radiology care to your patients and clients. Responsible for supervising a staff of the service area. Implement all standards of operational procedures in the area. Maintains high quality of service.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a Radiography, Radiology Technology, or Medical/Diagnostic Imaging program
- Diploma in Radiology (minimum three (3) years course duration)
- Associate degree in Radiography program (minimum two (2) years course duration)
- Registration/certification or accreditation as a radiographer
- PGCert/Diploma Medical Imaging MRI
- Masters (MSc) in a related field
- Masters (MSc) Medical Imaging MRI
- NLT 6 years of post graduate experience in an acute care hospital, (of which NLT 3years as a Deputy/Senior Radiographer OR NLT 2 years as a in MRI scanning)
- Familiar with latest developments in modern imaging modalities with wide practical experience
- UAE National: NLT 4 years relevant experience in an acute care hospital and NLT 2 years manager or supervisory or equivalent experience in MRI Scanning
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in Arabic
Current and in a Good Standing Medical License to practice in country of residence.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development of a strategic vision for the section/department and produce a report for the facility on the service developments and future plans
- Monitors the department service areas’ performance as well as staff performance
- Plans and works with assigned team to provide an efficient and effective service to be involved in the proposal and implementation of department policies and the annual business plan
- Participates in the initiation and implementation of department wide projects
- Oversees the wastage of materials by appropriate stock rotation and by ensuring good laboratory technique by staff in the laboratories
- Performs all general radiography procedures in accordance with department policies, procedures and protocols
- Evaluates and monitor images produced by subordinates
- Facilitates and supervises the safe and competent use of all radiology equipment, patient appliances and aids used in the department
- Coordinates purchase of supplies and equipment. Schedules on-site demonstrations of equipment & assists in the selection of new equipment
- Maintains and develops clinical audit processes within the service and report on these as agreed. Supporting the promotion of audit and research programs on service implementation, in line with national policy, statutory requirements and service requirements within the facility
- Handles the financial aspect of the radiology department by contributing to the annual budget review, tracking and calculating expenditures, noticing issues and troubleshooting these.
- Monitors and develops as necessary quality improvement indicators to ensure continuous quality improvement & compliance with patient care standards.
- Monitors regular quality assurance tests on all radiology equipment
- Ensures all members of the department receive adequate clinical supervision as required for their professional and technical development
- Ensure proper MRI examination procedures in accordance with department policies, procedures and protocols
Role-specific Job Responsibilities
- Maintains service levels by efficient scheduling of staff
- Performs all MR imagery procedures in accordance with department policies and applies detailed knowledge of anatomy and physiology in order to produce images of high diagnostic quality
- Assists MR Radiographers with technically difficult and advanced procedures
- Evaluates sequences for acceptable quality, correct parameters, appropriateness and completeness
- Performs other related radiography (special) procedures as required
- Evaluates and asses MR images produced for acceptable quality, appropriateness and completeness, advising other staff when required
- Conducts all preparations, cannulations, administrations of IV contrast agents under the supervision of supervisor or physician
- Manages to recognize anatomy and pathology in cross sectional imaging to optimize scan protocols, and liaise with radiologists to arrange further imaging or tests
- Maintains safe and competent use of all radiology equipment and reports any incidents and equipment faults or deterioration to senior staff in a timely manner.
- Operates advanced software on specialist MRI equipment
- Responsible for maintaining the safety of all persons entering the Controlled areas (Zone 3 & Zone 4).