Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC) Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC)
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Responsibility for supervising and managing the daily work activities of the relevant section(s) in the department to ensure timely patient access to quality radiology services in accordance with professional standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines, and in accordance with applicable Service Level Agreements.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Bachelor Degree in Radiologic Technology, Medical Radiography, Nuclear Medicine Technology or Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound from an accredited university
- Minimum Three years Diploma in Radiologic Technology, Medical Radiography, Nuclear Medicine Technology, or Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound from an accredited University
Minimum 3-5 years experience in Imaging Radiology Supervising
Current and clean medical license to practice in country of origin or country to practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs technical and clinical duties as expected of a Radiology Technologist, and maintains the required clinical competencies appropriate for the section
- Manages the operations of the section(s) within the Radiology Department, with discharge of associated administrative duties.
- Takes responsibility for day-to-day management, throughput, and patient care, patient scheduling, and immediate staffing needs.
- Ensures the overall quality control activities and maintenance of standards within the particular section
- Reports any job-related incidents and problems to the Chief Technologist and/or Radiology Manager
- Manages the staffing schedules for all technical staff
- Manages staff performance and orientation in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Ensures all staff within the section are in full compliance with the educational, training, and competency requirements of the department, hospital, and corporation
- Undertakes annual staff performance and competency assessments in accordance with departmental and corporation requirements
- Ensures that the relevant imaging equipment within the section is appropriately managed and maintained, including responsibility for resolving equipment failures and breakdowns, preventive maintenance scheduling, testing, and completion of any remedial actions or repairs
- Assumes accountability for ensuring the section activities within the section comply with policies and procedures, and the relevant accreditation requirements
- Is accountable for ensuring any remedial or corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner
- Assists the Chief Technologist and Radiology Manager to implement and monitor staff compliance with policies and operating procedures
- Complies with policies and procedures, including: infection control, safety, and quality management policies
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.