Plans and manages research projects independently within a specifically defined field of study, but typically part of a research program; participates in writing papers and proposals; and supervises students and trainees.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Doctorate Degree (PhD, MD, DDS, or DVM) or equivalent degree in scientific discipline relevant to the research field is required.
- Post-qualification certification
- Minimum Six (6) years of related experience post-doctoral degree is required.
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals are required with first authorship and substantial technical and scientific contribution to the paper.
- Independent ability to write at least one (1) peer-reviewed research project as a principal investigator.
- Proven records of presenting original data at least once in a national or international meeting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and conducts research projects that align within the mission and strategic direction of the department/program.
- Develops and implements new ideas to advance the field of knowledge and promote research program.
- Writes and publishes manuscripts in peer reviewed journals to disseminate research findings.
- Works in multidisciplinary teams within and outside the Research Centre.
- Presents scientific results of projects in National and International Scientific meetings, and participates in Research Centre seminars.
- Writes new research proposals and applies for funding and grant.
- Supervises students and trains other staff members.
- Follows all laboratory safety rules and regulations.
- Follows all Hospital’s related Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in self and others’ education, training and development, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.