Senior Cardiovascular Technologist (Echocardiographer)
This position is responsible for performing advanced cardiac diagnostic and interventional (if applicable) techniques including Cardiac Echocardiography, Cardiac Stress testing, cardiac catheterizations and interventions, and ambulatory cardiac procedures. Interprets and reports on various cardiac procedures.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Graduate of an accredited Cardio Vascular program or allied health specialized program in Cardio Vascular Technology of NLT 2 years syllabus
- BSc in Cardiovascular Technology or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum (4) years of relevant experience (Cath lab, Vascular, Echocardiography, ECG technologist)
- Current and clean medical license to practice in country/state of origin
- Registration with cardiovascular credentialing international , the American registry of diagnostic medical sonographers, UK registration council for clinical physiologists, the Canadian association of cardiopulmonary technologists or The Society of Cardiopulmonary Technology New Zealand or equivalent
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs advanced echocardiograms in keeping with international standards of optimization and dataset protocols in pediatric and adult populations (where applicable).
- Demonstrate an understanding or desire to obtain and report congenital echocardiograms as per international standards.
- Demonstrate an understanding or desire to learn advanced imaging techniques of 3D/4D and myocardial strain assessment.
- Has thorough knowledge of different echocardiography protocols inclusive of stress, contrast and trans-esophageal echocardiography. Demonstrates a full understanding of the necessary equipment requirements for each protocol.
- Generate comprehensive clinical reports for physician review and sign off
- Demonstrate competence in TEE probe sterilization and storage with appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrate competence in storage, administration and indications for pharmacological agents within the cardiovascular lab – where applicable.
- Maintain an accurate image and report vault in line with local and international guidelines.
- Individual responsibility for maintaining continued professional development.
- Actively participate in departmental training, audits and improvement plans
- General housekeeping within department – maintenance of consumables.
- Correct storage and maintenance of cardiac equipment and monitors, referring to biomedical department when necessary in line with local policy.
- Accurate maintenance of daily equipment calibrations.
Quality & Safety
- Conducting daily or periodic checks and calibration of equipment. Recognize report and advice on discrepancies in performance and initiate remedial action in the light of this information. To ensure that the equipment is used in the correct manner to obtain optimum results
- Updating patient examination history file, recording unusual conditions/limitations, documenting examination time, room number, and technique factors. Recording any relevant clinical information obtained from the patient during the course of the examination that may be of benefit to the consultant when producing the report
- Ensuring compliance with all safety and quality control programs and procedures applicable
- Applying standard precautions for infection control, using a series of interventions that minimize or prevent cross infection, including effective hand washing/cleansing when appropriate, particularly on entering and leaving clinical areas and between each patient
- Maintaining and assisting in enforcing a high control over infection, safety and health regulations and making sure that all concerned parties follow the same.
- Maintaining and assisting in enforcing the strictest confidence in relation to patient information whether formally or informally recorded
- Mentoring and train other cardiology technologists and students
- Explaining testing procedures to patient to obtain cooperation and reduce anxiety