Senior Charge Nurse Infection Control
Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC) Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC)
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Responsible for implements best practices for halting the spread of viruses and bacteria and delivers tip care to patients who have contracted infectious diseases. It is critical to have strong attention to detail, and ability to work well under pressure.
Education / Qualification Required:
- BS Degree in Nursing
- Associate Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum Six (6) years of experience in Infection Control
- Minimum Four (4) years of experience in a Charge Nurse, Head Nurse of Assistant Head Nurse position preferred and or demonstrates leadership qualities during relief Charge Nurse assignment
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop or contribute to the long term nursing care plan in collaboration with the patient/family and the health care team, and documents on the interdisciplinary plan of care
- Facilitates the development of the interdisciplinary plan of care
- Provides direct, specialized, comprehensive care, emphasizing health promotion, disease prevention and collaborative management strategies to positively affect health outcomes
- Communicates with patients and families about health assessment findings
- Communicates internally and externally to facilitate patient management in all settings Under the terms of program and individual-specific proctor agreements, clinical pathways, clinical protocols and/or medical directives, the clinical nurse specialist may:
- Implement aspects of care
- Identify and implements creative strategies for managing complex health-care situations within the selected clinical specialty.
- Participates in the coordination of complex discharge planning
- Provide education and counseling regarding diagnoses, prognoses, disorders, conditions, risk factors, medication (use, side effects, risk factors, interactions) and therapeutic interventions
- Acts as the Contact Person for selected patient populations
- Assesses, evaluates and revises the nursing care plan
- Evaluates and revises the interdisciplinary plan of care in collaboration with Patient/family and the health care team to ensure patient needs are being met
- Provides consultation to nurses and the health care team regarding clinical complex situations (within area of expertise)
- Works with all disciplines to achieve the best health outcomes for patients and families. Uses interpersonal skills to facilitate small group function and contribute to high performance teams.
- Consults with and/or refers clients to other health-care providers at any point in the care continuum when the patient’s condition is not within the Advanced CNS scope of practice or the individual Advanced CNS competence.
- Acts as a consultant to and/or refers and accepts referrals from health-care providers, community agencies and allied non-health-care professionals.
- Applies advanced knowledge and skills in communication, negotiation, coalition building, change management and conflict-resolution, including the ability to analyze, manage and negotiate conflict to support and facilitate relationships with peers, members of the healthcare team, physicians, patients and families, both internal and external to the organization
- Provides informal/formal consultation to the Executive team, the hospital and other organizations
- Provides consultation to external partners and/or the community to collaboratively develop standards, policies and procedures to ensure seamless care for patients and families
- Acts as a preceptor, mentor, role model and coach to nursing colleagues, students, other members of the healthcare team and students.
- Collaborates with individuals and groups to identify and address specific learning needs for patients/families and other health care professionals. This may include developing resources or programs to meet those needs
- Provides/promotes educational programs for patients and families, and health care practitioners within the hospital and beyond
- Takes advantage of informal learning opportunities to educate nursing colleagues and health team members
- Promotes the development, critical analysis, interpretation and dissemination of evidence-based findings
- Participates in the academic community by providing education, clinical supervision and mentorship through university cross-appointment
- Provides leadership in identifying nursing research opportunities
- Develops, participates in and promotes research as a primary investigator, or in collaboration with others to improve, enhance or benefit care of the patient/family, nursing practice and/or the organization/health system
- Identifies and implements new research/evidence- based treatments to improve patient care, organizations or health systems
- Critically reviews, analyzes, interprets and applies evidence to clinical practice
- Disseminates research and clinical findings through publications, presentations, seminars, etc.
- Acts as a change agent through knowledge translation and dissemination of new knowledge that may include formal presentations, publication, informal discussions and the development of best practice guidelines and policies
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.