Senior Clinical Perfusionist
Responsible for all administrative and clinical supervision of the Perfusion team.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Bachelor Degree of Health Allied Science plus a graduate of a Perfusion Training Program.
- Minimum Six (6) years of experience as Clinical Perfusionist.
- Experienced in Pediatric and/or Adult Perfusion, experience with Mechanical CirculatorySupport and other extra-corporeal assist devices required.
- Accredited Perfusion Board Certified (North America, Western Europe, Australia, or New Zealand)
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administratively responsible for purchasing supplies and equipment, assuring periodic maintenance of same as well as for appropiate personnel and departmental management.
- Provides administrative and clinical direction to the perfusion team.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the quality assurance measures and staff development.
- Plans, develops, and implements education and research.
- Collaborative in assessing budgetary requirments of the perfusion services, recommends procurement of necessary appropiate equipment, instrument and supplies.
- Plans staffing patterns based on patient needs, number and qualifications of staff and other resources to assure quality patient care.
- Responsible for the periodic evaluation of individual staff performance.
- Mainstains an open avenue of communication among staff memebers, other health care professionals and hospital department.
- Participates in daily clinical procedures including cardiopulmonary bypass, intra-aortic ballon pumping, blood salvaging procedures and other clinical perfusion-related services offered in the hospital at the time.
- Follows all hospital policies and procedures
- Participates in self and other’s education, training and development, as applicable
- Performs other related dutties as assigned.