Senior Consultant Hematopathology
Hamad Medical Corporation Hamad Medical Corporation
Doha , Qatar
The Senior Consultant Hematologist demonstrates diagnostic and therapeutic skills for ethical and effective patient care. Access and apply relevant information to clinical practice. Demonstrate effective consultation services with respect to patient care.
Education / Qualification Required:
Basic Medical Degree from an accredited University
Post-qualification board certification with one of the following:
- USA: Diplomat of the American Board of Clinical Chemistry
- Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Pathology (RCPS-C)
Minimum Six (6) years of experience post board certification in country of origin / country of practice
Current and clean medical license to practice in USA or Canada
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine and talk to a range of patients, using diagnostic skills to determine what tests need to be carried out.
- Supports and advise clinical staff to help them choose the correct tests.
- work alongside healthcare scientists while they complete laboratory tests.
- Educates colleagues in the use and limitations of each diagnostic investigation.
- provide advice and interpretation of test results and the appropriateness of further investigations.
- undertake managerial responsibilities, such as planning the workload and staffing of the department, especially at more senior levels.
- supervise and teach junior medical staff, depending on your post.
- carry out research and keep up to date with new information relevant to your field.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.