Senior Cyclotron Machinist
Produces exclusive and intricate components and devices for the Cyclotron and Radiopharmaceuticals Department, Radioisotope Production, and other units within the Research Center and the Hospital. Offers exceptional proficiency in mending and sustaining the Cyclotron and other equipment as needed.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Science (Biology, Chemistry), or other related discipline is required.
- Minimum Eight (8) years of related experience with Master’s, or ten (10) years with Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Current and in a Good Standing License to practice in country of residence.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fabricates special equipment in close support of scientists and engineers, and provides advice on the feasibility of materials, fabrication capabilities, and limitations.
- Applies a high proficiency in Computerized Aided Design (CAD) software to develop usable designs for parts, components, devices, and automated systems, provides specifications, requisitions components, and materials.
- Works frequently with exotic and expensive materials. May be required to research the properties of materials and devise experiments to establish needed parameters.
- Applies an understanding of properties of materials under a wide variety of conditions, high and low temperatures, high vacuum, and pressurized conditions.
- Applies a thorough knowledge of the operation of all machine shop equipment including lathes, mills, Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) equipment, tool grinders, and sheet metal equipment.
- Displays proficiency with inert gas welding Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) to fabricate assemblies of steel, aluminum and stainless steel including vacuum system components where leak-tight welds are essential.
- Works frequently with radioactive parts and equipment and within radioactive areas where exposure to ionizing radiation is expected. Exercises good practice to limit exposure to self and others as much as practical.
- Participates in the maintenance and repair of cyclotron and associated equipment and liquid nitrogen production equipment.
- Proficient in Computerized Aided Design (CAD) / Computerized Aided Manufacturing (CAM), Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) programming, setup, operation, and maintenance.
- Follows all hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and other’s education, training and development, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.