Senior Medical Technologist Cytogenetics
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh
Riyadh , Saudi Arabia
Acts in a lead capacity for a specialized subsection/unit function of the Cytogenetics section to obtain accurate data for diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Master's or Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or related discipline required
- Registration as Technologist or equivalent National Certification
- Two (2) years of related experience in Cytogenetics with Master’s Degree OR
- Four (4) years of similar requirements with Bachelor’s Degree
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using SOPs, accurately and efficiently performs tissue culture of assigned specimen types, including culture initiation, maintenance, and harvest.
- Also performs slides preparation and staining for microscopic analysis.
- Performs accurate microscopic/ post-microscopic analysis of assigned specimen types meeting or exceeding established productivity standards, applying additional staining/testing procedures when indicated, and preparing karyotypes using established Cytogenetics laboratory procedures.
- Using SOP's accurately and efficiently process assigned specimen types, including slide preparation, pre-treatment, hybridization, post wash, and counterstain for microscopic analysis using appropriate quality control standards.
- Performs accurate microscopic/ post-microscopic analysis of assigned specimen types meeting or exceeding established productivity standards.
- Documents and maintains tissue culture and/or microscopy analysis records completely and accurately.
- Documents chromosome or FISH abnormalities using correct ISCN nomenclature and best assessment of breakpoints.
- Ensures accurate specimen processing/test results by strict adherence to testing methodology and quality standards.
- Participates in quality assurance, quality control, and quality improvement programs.
- Possess appropriate computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
- Participates in training of technologists and other laboratory personnel, including visiting students and fellows, as needed.
- Participate in reviewing training checklists to reflect current laboratory procedures.
- Attends departmental meeting as required and participate in the department's continuing education program.
- Maintains laboratory areas and equipment in a safe, functional and a sanitary condition. Adheres to all established laboratory safety requirements.
- Required to use (a) personal protective equipment, (b) engineering controls and/or work practice control as directed by management
- Investigates incident reports and directs technical staff in the performance of corrective measures.
- Assists the Supervisor of the Cytogenetics lab in the employee performance appraisal.
- Participates in self and other's education, Training and Development, as applicable.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.