Senior Quality Control Chemist
This position in the Cyclotron & Radiopharmaceuticals Department, Quality Assurances/Quality Control section manages all aspects of Quality Control Section including operations, supervision, training and Research & Development activities.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biology, Nuclear Medicine Technology or any related discipline is required.
- Minimum Eight (8) years of related experience with Master’s, including three (3) years at a managerial position or ten (10) years with Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Current and in a Good Standing License to practice in country of residence.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and propagates goals and objectives of the Department Manages activities of the Section achieving objectives. Establishes priorities and optimizes resources.
- Understands thoroughly the GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) guidelines, reviews compliance with the requirements, advises staff on non-compliant issues, and devices corrective actions.
- Establishes materials test protocols within the Section, Guides the staff in developing test methodology. Ensures that staff maintains good records for traceability of all materials.
- Maintains close contact with the Production Head to ensure smooth flow of activities, engages in developmental and research activities in coordination with other Sections.
- Leads the staff in review of dat to day operations, discusses problems, drifts and trends, develops and delegates corrective actions.
- Performs supervisory duties, including direct supervision of technical employees, orientation and training.
- Maintains close contact with Cyclotron Operation and Radiopharmaceuticals Production Section Heads to ensure smooth flow of activities culminating into achieving goals and objectives of the Department.
- Reviews literature and discusses with staff the new developments and methodologies.
- Perform administrative functions such as supplies inventory, equipment specifications and orders, performance evaluations, and budget.
- Understand and adheres to the radiation protection regulations: ensures compliance with highest level of radiation safety according to ALARA (As Low as Reasonably Achievable) principle of radiation protection.
- Participates in Department/Unit specific and Hospital wide quality improvement plan.
- Follows all Hospital related Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in self and others’ education, training and development, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.