Senior Radiographer (MRI)
Responsible to independently perform all MRI procedures, analyze output and report to supervisor as needed.
Education / Qualification:
a. BSc in Radiography Or Graduate from an accredited Diploma Program (NLT 3 year syllabus).
b. Graduate from an accredited Radiography program (NLT 2 years Syllabus) and registered with the American Registry of Diagnostic
Medical Sonographers, The Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists, UK HPC, or equivalent.
*Graduate from an accredited MRI program.
* BSc preferred
Master’s in Medical Imaging or relevant clinical MSc in related field.
(will reduce 1 year from the required years of experience)
a. NLT 4 years post graduate experience in MRI in an acute care hospital (of which NLT 2 years experience as a senior MRI Radiographer in an acute care hospital).
* UAE National: NLT 2 years relevant experience in an acute care hospital
b. NLT 6 years post graduate experience in MRI in an acute care hospital (of which NLT 5 years experience as a senior MRI Radiographer in an acute care hospital).
* UAE National: NLT 3 years relevant experience in an acute care hospital
- Current and in a Good Standing License to practice in country of residence.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising junior staff and ensuring their abidance to going rules and policies as applied and implemented in the Section/Department/Facility
- Maintaining sufficient inventory of material supplies and equipment for performance of duties
- Reporting shortage of materials to supervisor at earliest convenience, ordering and approving replenishments when necessary
- If required, organizing and evaluating new equipment against perceived planned needs relating to different areas of CT
- Directing and monitoring all procedures carried out by junior staff under supervision and step in whenever there is a requirement
- Performing all MR imagery procedures in accordance with department policies, procedures and protocols. Applying detailed knowledge of anatomy and physiology in order to produce images of high diagnostic quality
- Assisting MR Radiographers with technically difficult and advanced procedures
- Evaluating sequences for acceptable quality, correct parameters, appropriateness and completeness. Forwards images to Radiologist for review and reporting.
- Performing other related radiography (special) procedures as required
- Evaluating and assessing MR images produced for acceptable quality, appropriateness and completeness, and advising other staff when required. Forwards images to Radiologist for review and reporting
- Conducting all preparations, cannulations, administrations of IV contrast agents under the supervision of supervisor or physician
- Recognizing anatomy and pathology in cross sectional imaging to optimize scan protocols, and liaise with radiologists to arrange further imaging or tests
- Responsible for the safe and competent use of all radiology equipment, patient appliances and aids used in the department. Reporting any incidents and equipment faults or deterioration to senior staff in a timely manner.
- Operating advanced software on specialist MRI equipment
- Maintaining a clean and tidy working environment. Including restocking of supplies for subsequent use and equipment cleaning
- Providing advice to medical/technical staff on appropriate techniques and imagery interventions
- Dealing with patients and clinical staff initial enquiries and to relay to clinical staff where necessary
- Performing other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Quality & Safety
- Promoting and maintaining quality in all services and ensure continuous quality improvement measures are in place. Conduct method evaluation/development as per standard policies and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with all safety and quality control programs and procedures as applicable
- Ensuring compliance with applicable precautions for environmental safety, infection control, using a series of interventions that minimize or prevent cross infection (In conjunction with relevant departments)
- Maintaining and assisting in enforcing the strictest confidence in relation to patient information whether formally or informally recorded
- Complying and ensuring that those directly supervised comply with occupational health and safety at work policies and procedures
- Assisting in the planning and developing policies that guide the service implementation process
- Practicing within the expressed limits of established policies and procedures
- Ensuring that SOP (standard operation procedures) and Quality Assurance tests are maintained within all sections
- Being responsible for documenting all intervention in appropriate format
- Assisting in the development of clinical audit processes within the service and report on these as agreed. Supporting the promotion of audit and research programs on service implementation, in line with national policy, statutory requirements and service requirements within the facility
- Communicating in a professional and courteous manner with patients, family and other medical personnel as necessary to obtain information for laboratory records, explain procedures, clarify orders and communicate status
- Delivering and participating in training and education sessions for department staff, doctors and nurses in the safe and secure handling of drugs and equipment, prescribing (whenever applicable), administration and treatment and management i.e. teaching, induction, peer review, case studies, and clinical presentations
- Participating in department programs/committees, various hospital committees, and staff meetings
- Participating in the orientation and training of new employees
- Ensuring appropriate internal and external sharing of information based on governing policies and procedures
- Maintaining professional knowledge by attending lectures, seminars or on-line education units