Senior Radiotherapy Technologist
Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC) Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC)
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Responsible to independently perform general tests in Hematology, Chemistry, and Immunology. This is mainly derived from activities including operating test equipment, monitoring the quality of testing, and verifying and reporting test results.
Education / Qualification:
- Master's Degree in Radiotherapy (Desired) or relevant clinic MSc
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiotherapy
Experience Post Qualifications:
- Minimum Four (4) years of relevant experience as Radiotherapy Technologist
- Minimum Two (2) years of relevant experience as Radiotherapy Technologist at a Supervisor Level
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize the daily scheduling of patients.
- Provide accurate statistical data of the workload of the unit.
- Ensure all patient data has been recorded into ARIA and HIS.
- Maintain a machine service logbook for the unit to which assigned.
- Ensure maintenance of adequate supply levels and stock control for the unit to which assigned.
- Assist in developing Policies and Procedures for departmental use and their maintenance.
- Supervise and monitor the work of subordinate radiographers and aides.
- Assist in the induction and orientation of new Basic Grade and Senior RT Technology staff.
- Report complaints, incidents, accidents and grievances to the Head of Radiotherapy or Radiotherapy Supervisor.
- Provide assessments for the staff appraisal system.
- Stays fully conversant with all major pieces of equipment such as, the Linear Accelerators, CT Scanner & Virtual Simulation, the Radiation Oncology Information System ARIA, Portal Imaging System and Planning system.
- Prepares patients for virtual simulation or treatment and give explanations of the procedures through the interpreter.
- Acquire all the necessary data to enable an accurate course of treatment to be planned.
- Accurately use data to produce a radiotherapy plan.
- Accurately deliver radiation treatment in accordance with the prescription
- Evaluate images by using both on-line and off-line review tools
- Check all aspects pertaining to initial treatment for accuracy and to be present during first set-up of patient.
- Maintain treatment records and be responsible for their accuracy.
- Carry out routine daily checks in accordance with the departmental Quality Control Program and reports faults and breakdowns to the Senior RT Technologist/ RT Supervisor.
- Ensure compliance with the Health and Safety regulations of the department, which includes the Radiation Safety regulations.
- Report and discuss patient treatment and technique problems with the RT Supervisor/ Radiation Oncologists.
- Ensure completion of routine daily checks in accordance with the departmental Quality Control Program and reports faults and breakdowns to the Head of Radiotherapy or Radiotherapy Supervisor.
- Assist in giving information to University students (or others) in the aspects of radiation therapy as may be required.
- Liaise with nursing staff to ensure ample care given for radiation reactions etc.
- Liaise with Patient Counselor/ Social Worker if requested.
- Participate in departmental Quality Control and improvement.
- Become familiar with and adhere to the Policies and Procedures of the department and hospital.
- Comply with all infection control regulations and policies when dealing with patients and equipment.
- Oversee orderliness and cleanliness of the patient areas and equipment.
- Undertake further training as may be requested by superiors.
- Work on any unit as and when required to maintain an effective service.
- Participate in an ‘on-call’ roster as required to provide emergency coverage outside of routine working hours.
- Attend conferences, lectures etc. to maintain awareness of current trends in the profession and to obtain CME credits for professional registration.
- Become CPR proficient and maintain proficiency
- Adhere to fire and safety regulations.
Quality & Safety
- Ensuring that all equipment defects, accidents and complaints are reported immediately to ensure that appropriate action may be taken in line with facility health and safety policies
- Responsible for the safe and competent use of all Radiotherapy equipment and patient and patient appliances and aids used by patients; ensures that junior staff, senior staff and assistants attain competency prior to use
- Ensuring compliance with applicable precautions for environmental safety, radiation hazards, using a series of interventions that minimize or prevent hazardous incidents
- Maintaining and assisting in enforcing the strictest confidence in relation to patient information whether formally or informally recorded
- Adhere to clinical audit processes within the service and report on these as agreed. Supporting the promotion of audit and Quality Improvement programs on service implementation, in line with national policy, statutory requirements and service requirements within the facility.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.