Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC) Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC)
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Leads a rigorous research program; takes a cross functional and integrated role to work effectively with other research programs and effectively manages research staff provide opportunities for career growth and supervises PhD and master's students.
Education / Qualification:
Degree or Doctor of Science (DSc) degree from an accredited institution in a scientific discipline relevant to the research field
Minimum four (4) years of experience
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads primary role in developing and executing research projects in terms of outcome, personnel and budget
- Provides leadership and management of research projects.
- Writes and publishes manuscripts in peer reviewed journals to disseminate research findings.
- Works in multidisciplinary teams within and outside the Research Centre.
- Presents scientific results of projects in National and International Scientific meetings, and participates in Research Centre seminars.
- Writes new research proposals and applies for funding and grant.
- Supervises graduate students and trains other staff members.
- Follows all laboratory safety rules and regulations.
- Follows all hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and others' education, training and development, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Evidence of scholarly research accomplishment in the form of publications that have originality, novelty, significance, and impact in the field.
- Although, the required number of publications depends on their quality and the complexity of the subject, a minimum of thirty (30) full-length, peer reviewed publications, of which at least ten (10) during the current tenure.
- At least half of these publications should be a Senior Principal Author role and their impact factor should be greater than the field's average. It should be emphasized that standing and appropriateness of journals and other forms of publications are essential.
- Role as principal investigator in at least three (3) fully completed research projects and two (2) on-going projects.
- Evidence of generating significant extremal funding.
- Presentations of at least five (5) of the following: Keynote lectures, invited presentations, and oral talks selected from meeting abstracts. It is important to exclude participation commercial run-conferences. Preferences are given to Society and academic meetings.
- Academic involvement in education and training activities.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral/written communication and teamwork skills are required.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.