We are looking for hard-working & adventurous allied Health who wish to advance their careers by joining overseas hospitals to gain international experience.
Responsible to perform all sonography imagery procedures, analyze the output and reporting to supervisor as needed. The role holder will be responsible to work directly with patients and using sonographic equipment to record images of the motion, shape, and composition of blood, organs, tissues, and bodily masses as well as looking at unborn fetuses in prenatal care.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Diagnostic Ultrasound or Sonography (minimum three (3) years course duration)
- Associate Degree in Sonography (minimum two (2) years course duration
- And Registration/certification or accreditation as Radiographer/Sonographer
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma from an accredited institution in Radiography/Radiology Technology or Medical Imaging (minimum three (3) years course duration)
- And Post-primary Certificate or Diploma degree (minimum twelve (12) months course duration) in Diagnostic Ultrasound
- Preferably Master’s in Medical Imaging or relevant clinical MSc in a related field. (will reduce 1 year from the required years of experience)
- Registration with one of the following professional boards:
- The American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
- The American Registry of Radiological Technologists (AART)
- Minimum of Four (4) years of postgraduate experience in a multimodality site /facility in an acute care hospital (of which NLT 2 years as a senior radiographer/Sonographer in an acute care hospital).
- Valid and in a good Standing License in current country or practice.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates and supervises junior staff and ensures their abidance to going rules and policies as applied and implemented in the Section/Department/Facility
- Maintains a sufficient inventory of material supplies and equipment for the performance of duties
- Assists in preparations, cannulations and administrations of IV contrast agents
- Facilitates anatomy and pathology in cross-sectional imaging to optimize scan protocols, and liaises with radiologists/obstetricians to arrange further imaging or tests
- Maintains safe and competent use of all radiology equipment, patient appliances and aids used in the department. Reporting any incidents and equipment faults or deterioration to senior staff in a timely manner.
- Operates advanced software on specialist radiological equipment e.g. Image reconstructions, quantifications and dynamic imaging
- Maintains a clean and tidy working environment. Including stocking of supplies for subsequent use and equipment cleaning
- Ensures clear images for diagnostic purposes and makes adjustments to the sonographic equipment when necessary
- Monitors and develops as necessary quality improvement indicators to ensure continuous quality improvement & compliance with patient care standards.
- Responds to imaging requests in a timely manner
- Organisms the smooth workflow for the inpatient examinations