Senior Supervisor Medical Laboratory Technologist Stem Cell / Cellular Therapy
Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC) Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC)
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Responsible to provides oversight for the cellular therapy laboratory by performing and supervising the processing, cryopreservation and storage of hematopoietic progenitor cell (HPC). In addition to product quality testing, including viability, potency and cell cultures of the product
Education / Qualification:
- PhD or Masters in Health Administration or related degree
- BSc in Medical Technology or clinical laboratory science or an equivalent qualification requiring NLT 3 years training course.
- Graduate of an accredited (MLT) program leading to registration with ASCP / ASCLS / CSMLS/ AIMS or other recognized institutions by the International Federation of Biomedical Laboratory Sciences (IFBLS) Master's in Biomedical Science or in Healthcare field or management or administration field
- Certification by American Society of Clinical Pathologist (ASCP) or other recognized institutions
- NLT 8 years clinical experience in an accredited clinical laboratory environment by CAP or JCIA or Canadian Hospital accreditation or CPAC Clinical Pathology Accreditation (UK) or local experience in any accredited DOH hospitals, since first registration as a qualified laboratory science professional with NLT 2 years in a position as a laboratory supervisor
- NLT 10 years clinical experience in clinical laboratory environment since first registration as a qualified laboratory science professional and NLT 5 years since gaining a higher qualification.
- In addition to the 10 years clinical experience in an accredited clinical laboratory environment of which and at least 2 year of lead or supervisory experience
- Required that the candidate has a minimum of 5 years experience in Stem cell processing laboratory performing and supervising cellular therapy operations and cell quality testing such as cultures, viabilities and potency testing.
- Working knowledge of hematopoietic stem/progenitors, aseptic techniques, product processing.
- Evidence of progressive leadership and management experience in a clinical position.
- Advanced knowledge of oncology, hematology and/or immunology, Flow cytometry expertise, Immunotherapy experience.
- Good understanding of cGMP/CGTP standards and Proven record of completing projects efficiently and effectively
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish a new Stem Cell/ Cellular Therapy Laboratory
- Supervisions of all lab areas and services.
- Will make sure that all services follow all applicable rules and procedures.
- Supervision over the technical and operational staff.
- Oversee the processing of cellular therapy product in preparation for transfusion.
- Will assist the head of department in managing the service on a daily basis.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.