Simulation Specialist I
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh
Riyadh , Saudi Arabia
Provides technical support for all simulation operations, including preparation, scheduling, maintenance and repair of computerized manikins (software and hardware), task trainers and related multimedia peripherals.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare (nursing, technologist, etc.), Biomedical Engineering or other related discipline is required.
- Four (4) years of related experience with Master’s or six (6) years with Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Experience in patient simulation services, technologies and applications healthcare and physiology, audio/video equipment and software for recording, duplication, mixing and editing is required.
- Experience in moulage in simulation is required.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) is preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE or CHSE-A) is preferred.
Job Duties and Requirements
- Serves as simulator operator by programming, testing and running scenarios with faculty instructors, ensures that the facility and equipment are set up for teaching sessions.
- Participates in strategic action plan and program improvement initiatives.
- Starts and runs standardize patient program. Schedules, evaluates and assesses all simulation courses. Orders all supplies and replacement parts.
- Participates in event and scenario planning meetings to provide technical expertise on capabilities and limitations of equipment and facilities to meet course needs.
- Develops technical proficiency with all aspects of the operation, maintenance, support, troubleshooting, repair and replacement needs for all equipment.
- Acquires digital audio-visual hardware and software systems to record simulated sessions with subsequent editing and transfer into an archival format for analysis.
- Provides technical support for computer based multimedia systems and their components, including operation of digital cameras, video cameras, audio/video mixer, digital/analog converter, monitors, LCD projectors, anesthesia machines and other equipment and supports the use of digital media and web stream creation for educational and professional distribution, distributes content and backs up data, and provides advanced troubleshooting.
- Supervises preventative maintenance of equipment according to manufacturers’ recommendations. Monitors scheduled maintenance to ensure that equipment is operational. Work collaboratively with manufacturers or vendors to correct equipment deficiencies and maintain system in order to minimize down time.
- Collects data to support research and commercial projects as appropriate.
- Conducts routine equipment maintenance, cleaning, inventory updates, install software and hardware upgrades and maintains functionality of manikin components as directed by manufacturer support.
- Participates in technical training as necessary; attends conferences to stay current with simulation technology, engage in available opportunities to share information and best practices externally (e.g., as presenter or panelist at industry conferences and events), develops and maintains relationships with simulation specialists to engage in collaborative problem solving and innovation.
- Understands the use and operation of different simulator technologies ranging from anatomic models and task trainers to screen-based simulations to full body patient simulators and virtual reality surgical simulators.
- Creates innovative ideas, evaluates new equipment, and identifies opportunities for technology improvement and integration into healthcare education.
- Instructs faculty and other Simulation Center staff in the operational aspects of simulation. Leads technology education for staff, faculty, and Simulation Program learners.
- Oversees and implements the technology for clinical skills teaching and research in the Simulation Centre.
- Follows all Hospital policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and others education, training and development as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.