Staff Nurse Cardiac ICU
Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC) Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC)
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Responsible to perform: Frequent hemodynamic and telemetry monitoring.
Education / Qualification Required:
- BS Degree in Nursing
- Associate Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum Two (2) years of experience in Cardiac Intensive Critical Care with BS Degree
- Minimum four (4) years of experience with Associate Degree/Diploma in Nursing
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct patient care utilizing the nursing process within established hospital, divisional and unit specific policies and procedures, standards, protocols, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge and clinical assessment skills appropriate to clinical area
- Takes direct and appropriate action in urgent and emergency situations
- Documents all assessments, interventions and other pertinent information in the patient’s healthcare record in a timely and ongoing manner
- Promotes continuity of patient care through oral and written communications
- Demonstrates effective communication and collaboration skills when interacting with patients/families, other health care team members and members of other departments
- Complies with hospital infection control and safety protocols
- Provides a leadership and resource role in the provision of patient care
- Acts as a unit management resources e.g. care coordinator, charge nurse, team leader, as assigned
- Addresses issues using a problem solving framework.
- Initiates the nursing or medical/administrative chain of command if unable to resolve issues satisfactorily
- Liaisons with other healthcare team members and departments to provide continuity of patient care and unit activities
Education & Research:
- Works with all healthcare team members in activities designed for the improvement of patient care outcomes
- Acts as a preceptor and/or resource for new employees, trainees and other staff
- Assumes responsibility for own professional growth identifying those areas of clinical knowledge and skills that need further development
- Uses research/current references in the provision of evidence-based care
- Participates in teaching and mentoring of Nursing, Medical and Paramedical students, Interns and Residents
- Anticipates and acts to maintain a safe environment
- Assesses own care, that provided by others, patient care systems, and continuously seeks ways to improve
- Compiles with and participates in Quality Management Processes and activities
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.