Staff Nurse Emergency Room
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh
Madinah , Saudi Arabia
Responsible for the provision of medical and surgical care to patients arriving at the hospital in need of immediate care. Emergency department personnel may also respond to certain situations within the hospital such cardiac arrests.
Education / Qualification Required:
- BS Degree in Nursing
- Associate Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum Two (2) years of clinical experience in Emergency Department
- Minimum four (4) years of experience with Associate Degree/Diploma in Nursing
Current and clean license to practice as a Registered Nurse
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides total patient care as assigned according to the core standards of patient care and established policies and evidence-based practices.
- Assumes accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care as well as discharge planning for each patient.
- Contributes to decreasing the length of stay/waiting time as per unit specific goal.
- Works in collaboration with Case Management to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates collaborative multi-disciplinary partnerships working towards the achievements of constant improvement in quality patient care.
- Acts as an advocate for patients and families.
- Identifies ideas that will improve the quality of patient care and issues that will negatively affect patient care outcomes, using the professional practice framework.
- Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk to head nurse or designee.
- Complies with policies for personal and patient safety and for the prevention of healthcare associated infections.
- Contributes to the achievement of cost efficiency savings on unit.
- Maintains an awareness of resource utilization, exercising care in the ordering and use of staff, equipment, and materials.
- Participates in new staff/nursing student orientation aimed at developing competence and performance.
- Assists in maintaining a suitable learning environment and acts as a preceptor/mentor in the supervision and teaching of nursing students and new staff to develop their competence.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.