Staff Nurse Hemodialysis
Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian Ministry of National Guard – Health Affairs, promote and restore patients’ health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families.
Education / Qualifications Required:
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum Three (3) years of current clinical nursing experience
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country or practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide total, direct nursing care in accordance with the plan of care and needs of the patients with respect for the patient’s privacy, dignity, personal preference and culture.
- Prepare, administer, and document the administration of all prescribed medication by the physician, managing intravenous lines, observing and monitoring and recording patients’ conditions, maintaining records and communicating with all healthcare providers.
- Maintain knowledge of resources for therapeutic effects, usual dosages, contraindications, side effects and adverse reactions for all drugs and parental fluids administered.
- Maintain accountability for narcotics and controlled drugs.
- Escalate any adverse events/reactions as per policy.
- Perform an age specific, systematic and holistic initial assessment of the patient health status, and refer to appropriate specialty if necessary and as applicable.
- Assess patient/family educational needs and readiness to learn utilizing appropriate resources.
- Assess patient/family discharge planning needs utilizing appropriate resources.
- Document all assessments, interventions and other relevant information in the patients’ health care records on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate with the patient/family and other members of the health care team to develop and update a plan of care that is consistent with the medical diagnosis and based on the patient’s changing physical, psychosocial and age related requirements.
- Establish realistic and measurable goals that are culturally sensitive, and identifies nursing interventions to achieve the goal Evaluate on an ongoing basis the patients progress and the appropriateness of the plan of care involving the patient/family and other health team members, and update the plan as needed.
- Recognize when patient care needs extend beyond the limits of personal ability and consult appropriate resources.
- Provide a leadership and resource role in the provision of patient care, as applicable.
- Act as a unit management resource, as might be assigned (i.e. care coordinators, charge nurse, team leader, etc.), initiate appropriate chain of command if unable to resolve issues satisfactorily.
- Act as a resource for new employees, trainees and other staff., Mentoring of nursing staff at all levels, as well as medical and paramedical students, interns and residents, as might be required.
- Provide quality of care that is evidence based by adhering to hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care, guidelines, policies and procedures. Measure health outcomes against patient care goals and, key performance indicators at MNGHA.
- Identify significant trends or changes in patient’s status and escalate and follow-up as required to prevent the patient’s condition from deteriorating.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with the organizational policies and procedures in collaboration with infection prevention and control department, patient safety department and other support personnel.
- Ensure adequate supplies and readiness of equipment are available at all times, and report maintenance issues, broken or damaged instruments and equipment.
- Practice within the established hospital and department standards, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate required skills and knowledge of basic principles, strategies and tools of Quality Improvement to maintain privileging in the area of assignment.
- Meet the standards of care elements as approved for each nursing specialty (i.e. intensive care unit, pediatric, operating room, etc.)
- Protect patient privacy and dignity at all times and maintain strict confidentiality in conformance to the organizational policy of ethics.
- Advocate for patient/family rights at all times.
- Comply with area specific duties with precise policies which will be provided in the addendum by the supervisor when hired/assigned for special units which must be signed by the employee and filed in that employee’s personal file in addition to this job description.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.