Staff Nurse I - Pediatric Unit
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Jeddah
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
KFSH&RC – Jeddah has grown to becoming one of the leading Healthcare Providers in the Middle East. This year continues to be a really exciting time for KFSH&RC-J, one of unprecedented growth and change as the construction of our new Mega Project continues. The hospital is undergoing a significant expansion, with the construction and commissioning of a new medical city located north of Jeddah. Phase one of the new hospital is expected to open in 2017; with over 1,000 beds including 152 ICU beds and 30 operating rooms.
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic and passionate candidate whom will be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care utilizing the nursing process and meeting the established standard of nursing practice and performance. Demonstrates leadership competencies while in charge or acting as shift resource/team leader.
Educational Qualifications and Licensure
Bachelor’s or Associate Degree/Diploma in Nursing
Current and Active License
Bachelors Degree in Nursing Science
2 years clinical experience in Pediatric Nursing
· Provides total patient care as assigned according to the core standards of patient care and established policies and evidence-based practices.
· Assumes accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care as well as discharge planning for each patient.
· Contributes to decreasing the length of stay/waiting time as per unit specific goal. Works in collaboration with Case Management to achieve goals.
· Demonstrates collaborative multi-disciplinary partnerships working towards the achievements of constant improvement in quality patient care. Acts as an advocate for patients and families. Identifies ideas that will improve the quality of patient care and issues that will negatively affect patient care outcomes, using the professional practice framework.
· Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk to head nurse or designee. Complies with policies for personal and patient safety and for the prevention of healthcare associated infections.
· Contributes to the achievement of cost efficiency savings on unit. Maintains an awareness of resource utilization, exercising care in the ordering and use of staff, equipment, and materials.
· Participates in new staff/nursing student orientation aimed at developing competence and performance. Assists in maintaining a suitable learning environment and acts as a preceptor/mentor in the supervision and teaching of nursing students and new staff to develop their competence.