Staff Nurse Home Health Care
Responsible for brings caring activities that generate trust and collaboration for both the care of the client and the maintenance of health of the other family members. The nursing process applied to home care includes assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning for care, intervention and evaluation.
Education / Qualification Required:
- BS Degree in Nursing
- Minimum two (2) years of clinical experience in Palliative Care from North America, Western Europe, Australia or New Zealand.
- Valid and in a good Standing License in current country or practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides total patient care as assigned according to the core standards of patient care and established policies and evidence-based practices.
- Assumes accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care as well as discharge planning for each patient.
- Contributes to decreasing the length of stay/waiting time as per unit specific goal.
- Works in collaboration with Case Management to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates collaborative multi-disciplinary partnerships working towards the achievements of constant improvement in quality patient care. Acts as an advocate for patients and families.
- Identifies ideas that will improve the quality of patient care and issues that will negatively affect patient care outcomes, using the professional practice framework.
- Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk to head nurse or designee.
- Complies with policies for personal and patient safety and for the prevention of healthcare associated infections.
- Contributes to the achievement of cost efficiency savings on unit.
- Maintains an awareness of resource utilization, exercising care in the ordering and use of staff, equipment, and materials.
- Participates in new staff/nursing student orientation aimed at developing competence and performance.
- Assists in maintaining a suitable learning environment and acts as a preceptor/mentor in the supervision and teaching of nursing students and new staff to develop their competence.